Options

new stereo receiver

2002 250 cruiser.....new stereo receiver installed but not connected to dash in cockpit....marina says it cannot be connected to dash....anyone know why...wrong unit?....or other problems

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the brand, I found that out the hard way.  My boat had the original Kenwood stereo when I got it last season.  I picked up a new Kenwood with HD radio, bluetooth, USB jacks, etc.  The plug for power/speakers was the same so that part was plug and play.  But there was no remote control socket.  Did a little digging and only Kenwood's "marine" stereos had the socket on the back for the remote with display.  I was lucky to find someone to buy the one I bought, then I got a "marine" Kenwood.  Still has the USB inputs so I'm happy.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    tundra250tundra250 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Thanks....I left it up to the marina and they put in a car receiver....can you give me the model number of your stereo
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the Kenwood KMR555U Marine CD Receiver and the Kenwood KCA-RC55MR remote.  The remote has the display.  According to the manual I can daisy-chain up to 3 remotes to the stereo.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX