Options

Maybe soon joining the "family" !!

Put an offer in tonight on the 2005 270 I was looking at, nice boat, hopefully we can agree on a price!
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Good luck. Rinkers are great boats! :)

Andy
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited September 2015
    Good luck!  Don't be afraid to negotiate aggressively on price ... this time of year it's a buyer's market.
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Oh don't worry, we are lol
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the deal goes through. I often boat in Belleville. We stay at Meyer's Point Marina and just came back from the new Trenton Municipal Marina. Met some boaters from Belleville who were keeping their boats at the former Crate's Marina.
  • Options

Nice! Yeah Crates looks nice, leaning towards using that one, as we live just east of Belleville. Little close to tracks though, so still not sure. We also walked around the new Trenton marina last weekend, VERY nice. I think Trenton needed that, even though some people thought it was money wasted. Have you heard much about Crates?

• Options
    The guys I talked to really liked the new owners of Crates. They said they were easy to deal with and looking for business. But before you sign with anyone you might want check the price of a slip at Trenton. The costs for us to "rent" a slip for two night's stay was half the price of either Kingston or our home marina in Gananoque PLUS at Trenton you get free use of washers and dryers and free detergent. As well check-out the washrooms and club house there! No matter where you end-up the stretch of water from Trenton to Gananoque is, IMO, the nicest stretch of the St.Lawrence. If you do rent at Trenton or Belleville we'll have to have a mini Rinker meeting there next summer. Maybe we can get some of the other local Rinker guys to meet. I saw at least 6 Rinkers moored at Trenton. A 350 , some 320s a 310, a 290 and a few 260s plus some sport boats. Geez that's a Rinker Rendevous right there!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Good luck Belle!!  The 270 is a really great boat and there are a couple in my marina that the owners are really happy with.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LobodemarLobodemar Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    You will the 270 its a great boat
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Everyone is right 270's are very good.
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Recently bought a 270, love it.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    If you "google" Rinker 270 there are some great videos and youtubes to watch. There is a boat test video that shows how nice the 270 really is! It's cool to watch it underway too! I watched them last night :-)
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    The guys I talked to really liked the new owners of Crates. They said they were easy to deal with and looking for business. But before you sign with anyone you might want check the price of a slip at Trenton. The costs for us to "rent" a slip for two night's stay was half the price of either Kingston or our home marina in Gananoque PLUS at Trenton you get free use of washers and dryers and free detergent. As well check-out the washrooms and club house there! No matter where you end-up the stretch of water from Trenton to Gananoque is, IMO, the nicest stretch of the St.Lawrence. If you do rent at Trenton or Belleville we'll have to have a mini Rinker meeting there next summer. Maybe we can get some of the other local Rinker guys to meet. I saw at least 6 Rinkers moored at Trenton. A 350 , some 320s a 310, a 290 and a few 260s plus some sport boats. Geez that's a Rinker Rendevous right there!

Thanks for the info!!! And yes a meet would be great, count us in
  • Options
    B) Well its official we got it! Can't wait to pick it up!! Maybe sat. if we are lucky, they want to give it a real good go over and make sure all is right with it, and do any servicing need, as seller is paying for it.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Great news and best of luck with your new ride....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post some pics. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    That is great!  & definitely great that you are getting it looked over carefully first!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Congratulations.

Did you get it surveyed?  Was anything unusual picked up?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats but do hope you got a survey....chances are if you financed it, you had to anyway. Love mine, that's for sure....let's see the pics!
  • Options
    Yes being surveyed .......of course this takes longer, so might not have it for this weekend.......have not heard anything yet.....the wait is killing me..... ;-)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Welcome to the Forum. Did you buy the boat then have it surveyed?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    So is the purchase on condition of nothing crazy coming up during the survey? Or has the seller agreed to fix anything that comes up in the survey?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Yes seller fixes any issues that pop up.
  • Options
    Is the surveyor paid by you or seller? Make sure he's on your side. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    :) Yes by me
  • Options
    BTW BMXZ you probably know this but there is a RInker dealer near you. Bay Marine. I have not done any business with them but have heard good things about them. At one time they sold a lot of Rinkers, I don't know what they are doing Rinker-wise at the moment.
  • Options
    That's who I am buying it through actually. Been good to deal with so far....just wish quicker!! ;-)
  • Options

Well you should be in good hands as Bay Marine has put a lot of Rinkers on the water in that area - the new Trenton Marina is full of them as are a number of other marinas from Kingston to Trenton! We leave next week to take our 2014 EC 360 up the Rideau Canal from Kingston to Lens Cove in Portland on the Big Rideau. We hope to keep it on the water into October before we pull it for winterization. It's supposed to be a warmer and nicer Fall than in the past few years. It should make for some great boating for you. If I were you I'd head to the new Trenton Marina for an over nighter to have a look at it with your 270. That would be fun!

• Options
    That sounds like a nice trip! I hope it is a warmer fall, will be nice to get some use out of it, before pulling it. This weekend is looking good,wish I would have bought a week earlier, I'm like a kid at xmas  
  • Options
    Is your boat the one with the all white hull with bottom coat? If that's it, it sure is a great looking boat! Fingers crossed for a good inspection - although I expect it will be good as the boat looks well cared for!