Options

why can't Rinker tell you about new replacement parts

I recently tried to ask about what would be a new stereo receiver and helm remote for my 2002 250.....They do not know...I also asked about a plug for my fuel gauge and they do not know...The answers are we do not stock those parts anymore...I understand that but what new part is now available by what manufacturer....I think this would be a good service for Rinker customers.....I found the plug after days of research on line...Still haven't found the right stereo...Most manufacturers and distributers do not give you the specs for the size of the holes for stereo and especially the remote.

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Crutchfield.com. You can get the old specs for your stereo ( usually a DIN spec) and then work backwards to a new one. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What stereo do you have? Kenwood? Sony? Clarion? Take advantage of the people on this forum. We will help you as much as possible. Like BD stated above, the stereo is more than likely a DIN sized unit. If you look at Crutchfield, you can get an idea on what to get. They have a decent selection of marine stuff, but you can get better prices by searching for the model number online.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the boating industry is not like the car industry. They can't keep up, use different parts as are available at the time, etc. The volume isn't there for them to standardize and keep up with all that.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"