Options

2003 312 how do you..............

ShelbyShelby Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
2003 312 new to me.
1) How do you access the anchor locker? Don't want to cause problems for myself trying to access on wrong area.

2) How do get the microwave out?  And while I'm asking, the coffee maker also?  I would like to access the 115 power behind them.

Thanks in advance.  Shelby

2005 320  Twin 350 Mags MPI  Bravo III  Lake Cumberland, KY.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    I removed 4 screws from the storage compartment below the microwave. The microwave is now loose but the black trim piece in front of the microwave is not letting the microwave come out.  Looked for screws holding this trim, but could not see any from below as the channel for the sliding door is directly below trim piece and I pushed microwave back but did not see any screws hold trim piece from the top. What the heck is holding that trim piece in?
    Thanks. Shelby
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is like the 342...you need to remove the upper / top part of the shelf, it will not slide out through the hole.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    planesailingplanesailing Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I had the same issue when I came to remove my microwave on my 242. Had to remove the whole upper unit/surround with microwave in to remove it.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who replied.  I was able to remove the microwave. After removing the 4 screws from below I was able to push microwave back far enough to barely see 3 screws holding black trim piece in place. These screws were very close to the front edge of the trim and difficult to see. Then it gets better. The 4 screws I removed from the bottom screw into a thin piece of plywood which is screwed to the bottom of the microwave. This piece of plywood is exactly the same width of the opening for the microwave. Well whoever installed the plywood to the microwave did not put it to the center of the microwave. It was to the right about 3/16 of an inch and would not allow the microwave to slide out as planned. After some friendly persuasion I was able to get microwave out. I removed the piece of plywood and trimmed about 1/4 inch off the right side to allow easier re-installation.
     I also had to remove the power panel to gain access to the microwave plug. I plugged a 6 receptacle power strip in where the microwave had been plugged in and ran the strip in front of the partition so I could have 115 volt power on starboard side of front berth. I mounted a flat screen on an articulating arm to the back side of the partition. Now I have power for it and the satellite receiver. Granddaughter is now happy. :)

Thanks luckydog for anchor locker picture.
    Shelby
  • Options
    monstermonster Member Posts: 7
    I am replacing my 600 horizon with the Lamar 700 series any thoughts
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    monster said:
    I am replacing my 600 horizon with the Lamar 700 series any thoughts
    Good choice
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    I went 1000

Regards,