Options

How do I take out the coffee maker from my 2004 Rinker 342

I am trying to remove the coffee maker so I can put some shelves in. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    On some early 342s like my 2003, it's an extremely difficult job that requires major disassembly of galley cabinetry.  Hopefully, somebody here will chime in with suggestions.  Mine was done by the dealership, and I didn't get to watch.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Major work on my 342. What you could try is using a sawall run the blade around the edges and cut the screws that hold it in place. BTW I love my coffee maker.......Just saying.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the coffee maker is hanging from the bottom of the upper shelf. You have to take off / unfasten the entire top shelf, helps to remove the vertical panel separating the front berth and the galley too. Then undo the coffee maker, spin 90 deg and pull out. It is not super hard, but very time consuming. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I ended up removing the screws from the top, then used a hot knife to cut the brackets off the top of the coffee maker.  The brackets were plastic and impossible to remove the right way.  The coffee maker will move around some but not enough to get a screwdriver to the sides.   I plan to finish the opening this winter.  It's been a storage location for Tervis cups in the mean time.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    I removed mine a few years back. I don't remember the exact sequence for removal but I do remember that it was not very difficult just a little time consuming. Start at the top shelf and start removing screws, as you do it will become evident on what needs to be removed as you go. Take your time and and it shouldn't be to bad. Once I got the coffee maker out, I added a tambour door to the opening. Got the idea from Dream Inn. Its now a great storage area. The page below should take you to a discussion about the coffe maker hole.  http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/437/coffee-maker-hole#latest