Options

How do I tighten up the throttle tension?

BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
Its a Volvo penta . Tension on it is a little loose......If I don't keep my hand on it, it slowing slips back. I looked close and don't see any adjustment to tighten it up? Looks like the pic.
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    I had found this pic, and it says take remote lever off......but not how? The big bolt where it pivots? I didn't want to take that out and have parts fall off down inside the boat?
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    The roundish handle cover pulls off with a careful tug.  Underneath the center button that's attached to the cover you will see a round white plastic piece protruding from the hole in the nut. This part activates the center button on the handle which allows you to move the throttle without shifting. Pull it out and set it aside. You will now see the nut that attaches the handle, remove it and pull off the handle.  The rectangular trim/surround is clipped in place. Gently pry it off evenly.  Reattach handle. You will now be looking at what is shown in the upper drawing you posted.

Andy
  • Options
    Thanks! Saw that nut/bolt but was afraid to take it off, was worried something might fall apart.