Rinker 232 Will Not Shift Out Of Forward

My 2000 Rinker 232 5.7 Bravo 3 suddenly stuck in forward gear. I disconnected the cable at the motor and it seems to be working. I'm not sure exactly how to get to the connection at the outdrive. Does this sound like something that I can do myself or any ideas how to correct this issue?  Thanks!

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to pull the outdrive to get to the cable end. Get a service manual. Not hard to pull and check. Check the shift cable going to the drive. If it is ok you have an outdrive problem. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • funypagesfunypages Member Posts: 9

Thanks Black Diamond.  I removed the shift cable at the bracket and it seems to move in and out freely. The cable runs under the steering actuator and is hard to locate exactly where it goes. Do I need to remove some components to access the bracket?

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you remove the drive, only slide it back a bit on the studs, you can see where the cable connects to the drive and you have to flip up the toggle where it connects, if you just pull the drive you will break it.  As Al noted, the B-III is heavy, remove the props first and save 50# of weight..

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI