Options

Replacing Power Steering Pump on 5.7 Mercursie Eng

cvmamartycvmamarty Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
Am in the process of replacing the power steering pump on my 02 fiesta Vee with a 5.7 eng does anyone know what the size of the nut is on the back of the pump its the nut on the inside of the pump looking towards the back of the eng it might be metric by not sure any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options

Its not pumping and fluid to the steering actuator I loosen the hoses going to it and got nothing coming out also when you open the reservoir the oil is just sitting there its moving  

• Options
    Yep the auto parts store will take the old pulley off will have to try that 16mm I have been cussing it for 2 days that's the only nut holding me up thanks for the help
  • Options
    I have replaced the power steering pump when I disconnect the lines going to the steering actuator nothing comes so am thinking I might of gotten a bad pump is it possible that the tube where the steering cable goes into could be corroded on the inside which makes hard to turn
  • Options
    I loosen the nut on the steering actuator and it helped it a little to turn but still hard to turn the wheel before I spend money I would like to make sure whether its the steering cable or the steering actuator