Options

Galley fridge.

FDNY49FDNY49 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
The TUNDRA T42 in my 2004 FV 312 runs even when the circuit breaker is in the OFF position. Any captains out there have any ideas.

Thank you
Brian

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Yes that is because it runs off of both A/C and D/C voltage. If you shut of the A/C it will automatically switch to D/C
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ what he said. That is the correct info. The breaker is only for the 110 V feed. The 12V breaker is at the batter switch panel (at least that's where it is on my boat).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I should maybe start a separate discussion but I thought I'd piggyback on this one as the OP's question is answered. My fridge switch/thermostat knob is nearly impossible to turn back on once it's in the off position. Is there a way to lube it so I know what to expect before I started taking the housing apart? Andy
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only way my fridge will shut off completely is to either turn off the batteries or if a battery is on, turn off the helm switch (which makes no sense to me) It does not appear to use much power though so unless your sitting for extended amounts of time without charging, I would not worry about it. I was also concerned about this but after some time, it does not seem to be an issue. I don't think mine even runs on the 110 even on shore power- something wrong with the converter I think but I'm really not to worried about it.....