Options

Florida Boat Insurance

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, all you Florida guys I need insurance company names. The best quote I have so far is 1300 a year based on $65000 coverage and a 1000 deductible. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those hurricanes don't help insurance rates. Did you try boat us?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Waiting on their quote.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I'm with Global Marine (I believe part of AIG), and will say I've had 2 claims in the 4 summers with them.  Could not be happier, period.  After 2 claims, $150k coverage, I'm at ~$800/yr.  I had BoatUS insurance for 12 straight years prior to that without any claims.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Handy what is the big deal about a couple extra bucks with all the money you save with those diesels..................LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Try State Farm.  They aren't a big name in boat insurance, but they wrote me a boat policy plus a $3M umbrella policy for a lot less than what BoatUS was asking.  (I haven't needed to make a claim, so I can't comment on their service.)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    us boat here was the best I could find but don't recall the numbers......I'm inland which I'm sure helps as well and I'm on a trailer which I know helps....they had the best number I could find.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea. We had State Farm for many years. I had an auto claim due to theft of very expensive seats and interior fixtures from a custom van. The State Farm rep was at the van the next morning and I had a cheque for the full amount within 24 hours. I also liked that State Farm would send me rebates from time to time due to a no tickets or accidents status. I don't know if Co-Operators is in Florida but they have a good reputation.
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Handy what is the big deal about a couple extra bucks with all the money you save with those diesels..................LOL
    My thoughts exactly lol 
  • Options
    JC and Ray, I will remember this when you guys need help. 
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    My 250 FV  (65,000) and 5 million umbrella  costs me less than 400.00 with $1k deductible in WA.
    Company is Met Life (not a typo) and paid a sizable claim with no problems. 
    Of course, I might be getting a deal because ALL of our insurances are through them.
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Don't know about Florida and/or coastal boats, but I have had very good experience with Progressive on my boats, including two claims. The first was a complete total (including fairly significant costs to salvage the boat from a remote wooded river shore during high and fast water), the second had $6,500 in repairs to my boat....

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    I am waiting on a quote from State Farm. Not sure on Progressive because they usually want all your cars too and I am already with State Farm. 
  • Options
    Dream, Global was 2800. Double everyone else. I guess for that price they dont mind buying you new drives every few years! LOL
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I hear ya Handy, but I guess that $2k less that I pay, right now covers almost 4 tank fill ups!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    my boats are with Progressive. All cars are with State Farm - for a few more days... Been with SF on my cars since 1984, but they are just too damned expensive and refuse to compete, so they will be going to Progressive very shortly.

Dave

• Options
    I hear a lot of good comments about good price for the amount of coverage at Progressive. @nhsd - your statement that Progressive has responded well to claims has me interested. I think I pay too much for my boat insurance and the company has our condo and car insurance too. I know we can't gamble and not have insurance but do those policies ever add up - at least in my case!
  • Options
    Progressive came in at 2300 a year, 1700 if I go with 100,000 liability instead of 300,000. 
  • Options
    Try One Beacon..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I pay 900 a season thru Allstate 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Handy, that sounds expensive.

Mine is $1000 Canadian, About $700 USD, for $112,000 total replacement loss, $2 million liability, and $10,000 personal effects.  If my boat is a write off I get total replacement value for first 15 years of ownership (no depreciation).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Mark, I am only insuring the boat for 65000
  • Options
    Check out One Beacon.....
  • Options
    I did Ray. I cant see on their website how to get a quote
  • Options
    Boat US just came in at 2037.00 
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    I hear a lot of good comments about good price for the amount of coverage at Progressive. @nhsd - your statement that Progressive has responded well to claims has me interested. I think I pay too much for my boat insurance and the company has our condo and car insurance too. I know we can't gamble and not have insurance but do those policies ever add up - at least in my case!

Obviously, my boat is MUCH less expensive than you boys in the Cruiser section and I am on an inland river, so I can't say it is an apples to apples comparison - just saying they have done me right. On a different note though, when I finished up my Progressive quote on the cars and went to hit the "buy" button, Progressive did the record search and found the 1 stop sign ticket that my wife had from a year ago that I forgot about. Their quote more than doubled based on one ticket - so staying with State Farm for now on the cars. Boats must be a different division or something because even after two claims (one act of god, the other my fault) they never raised my rates.

Dave

• Options
    All depends on coverage or boat value, location, etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @nhsd I know of several people who have an "at fault" and a "not my fault" claim with State Farm and their rates have not gone up either - that's pretty decent!