Options

Good Luck Everyone

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
Good luck to everyone as we face another hurricane. I know Sandy did a number on a lot of RBOC members. I hope nothing bad happens this time. Keep the RBOC updated.........
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    here, we've had 23" of rain since the 23rd of September.... it's a fact we're gonna get even more wet over the next few days- it's just a question of "How much more?".... 

this reminds me of Floyd in '99... the ground was saturated as it is now, and the storm just pushed us over the edge- massive flooding and loss of property... of course we're just a bunch of southerners and not heavily populated, so it doesn't get the coverage Sandy got, but.... it's still as nasty, just less response resources.

good luck to all... 

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    First hurricane for me with the boat.  Got my nerves all riled up.  Hopefully the research and advice will pay off.  Good luck everyone
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I've got my boat up on land until this one is out of here.  The Chesapeake bay can become a bathtub real quick and water slosh from one side to the other with lots of surge.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, good luck everyone in it's path- it's ironic but we are going to have one of the nicest weekends we have had in months as the front that is pushing it away from FL to the northern east coast will yield beautiful weather here- we have had so much rain this year we are pretty soaked here and thankful the storm is passing by us. We have had our share over the years for sure but since 2004, have had zip. We are planning a boating weekend here but will be thinking of all my boating brothers and wishing the best!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick me up Ras!
  • Options
    My boat is still in Solomons shrinkwrapped Dream. Good thing I guess. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I just got word my boat is actually inside a cinder block shop thru this storm!  Wow am I every happy about that one!  I've gotta say, I'm treated really well by the marina owner that works on my boat!!

Handy, hope it's on high ground!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to everyone, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where it's predicted to hit? 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Looks like its going to stay off shore. Look out Bermuda