Options

Duel Lever Control Assembly

kingsqueenkingsqueen Member Posts: 10
I have a 2004 Rinker 342 with 5.7 mercruisers and bravo 3's. The lever controls are difficult to shift into gear and sloppy once engaged. I would like to replace the entire duel lever control BUT cannot find part. 
Has anyone experienced this issue and replaced? The lower unit cables were replaced this year. 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    edited October 2015
    May not be the lever controls but could be the actual shift cables (or even ball detent in your stern drive).  Could also be throttle cables as well.  Throttle cables are easy to check just by removing off of engine and then see if it moves easily, but if it moves easy once engaged then that is probably not the problem.  Shift cables go back to engine, then a short one from there to your drive.  You can remove the long one that is connected to the engine and see if it moves easily.  The other shift cable that goes into your drive, is  more difficult to check & the drive has to be removed.  Ball detent is actually pretty easy to check/change if boat is on lift or land, not real sure if in water.  But, as you stated, could be the lever controls as well.

Oh, welcome to the forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I had to have a new shifter/throttle assembly and cables put in last season.  The cables are not the same as the original shifter/throttle is no longer made.  I don't know the part number off hand, but if you contact Mercury they can tell you.  I've called their customer support for issues and gotten fairly good response.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    kingsqueenkingsqueen Member Posts: 10
    Thanks guys I will do some poking around and figure this out.