Options

Home Made By-Pass Water Presurization and Winterization For HVAC and Generator

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Rinker Photo Gallery

Finally able to post pictures I was asked for! The pictures show the two by-passes I made. Some show the by-passes before installation others after installation.

The one for the HVAC allows me to pressurize it in about two minutes with water after cleaning the strainer and losing prime. No more water in the face , undoing C clamps or enemas for me!!!! LOL

As well, I will add a 5 foot piece of hose to the valve fitting this winter to put in a jug of antifreeze to winterize it.

The other by-pass is a BIG up-grade (literally) from the oem Sherwood strainer for the generator. I used a Forespar Products  Marelon T-150 that is used by Matercraft Boats. I can use it to pressurize the strainer for the generator after cleaning the strainer but CAREFULLY - you only pressurize this strainer until the strainer bowl is full as you don't want to push water into the generator's cylinders!

To winterize the generator we will start the generator up to create back pressure THEN I'll open the valve with a hose attached to it and placed into a jug of antifreeze.

You can buy a commercial version of these but they are about 5 times the price and are made of plastic which looked real flimsy to me.

Regards MT

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments