Options

Home Made Table For Rinker EC 360

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Rinker Photo Gallery

Here's a picture of the table I had made for our EC 360. It is made of ash that was whitewashed then lacquered. I used a  quick detachable leg system from Overton's (Sequoia PN 79554 costing 60 bucks). I had an aluminum table leg support made. I did this because the oem table leg support from the factory is too close to the rear bench (IMO) and people couldn't get around it. So I covered-up the post hole in the floor and ordered a new piece of rug from Cindy at Rinker without the hole in it. The table stays level even while accelerating, yet it can be easily moved about and disassembled and stored. It is 43" long and 23" wide. It will easily seat 6 for dinner.

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Very nice liked the washed look
  • Options
    Thanks guys. The Admiral gets the credit here. We have the oem teak table which is very nice (but small) however it does not match the seat color or anything in the cockpit so she suggested the white washed look to match the seats, fridge doors, gel coat etc. I too like her choice. BTW the table we had made and I installed the legs and fabricated base for was a LOT less expensive than the teak oem table - teak is now a very expensive material!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet! Looks like an OEM install or perhaps even better!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Nice work, looks great!
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭

The top table is original to the boat...Nice, but nothing special...I found the bottom one on Ebay, brand new Rinker table from a 34 or 36 cruiser (inside salon).  Plenty wide enough to eat on,  but just slightly narrower which makes walking around it MUCH EASIER.  It was 300bucks and it adds a little bit more class to the cockpit. (at least I think so).

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. How neat
  • Options
    Clean look. There are two of them in all the new EC 360s - very nice Brazilwood from Van's Custom Woodwork Shop. I spoke with the guys there at one time and they bare very nice. they'll build anything custom within reason and know Rinker boats as they build a lot of OEM stock for Rinker.
  • Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    That is beautiful. Very nice craftsmanship.
  • Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Hello Michael. I like your table idea. How did you attach the table to the floor. Are both legs attached to an aluminum plate?
    I have been looking for an alternative . your idea seems to be great and I assume your table is leveled now. Thanks.
  • Options
    The leg to the port side is an aluminum post kit from Spingfield with an aluminum plate on the floor while to the port side there are two oak spindles painted white at either end of the table. there is even a piece that connects the two wooden legs at the bottom for extra support but it really isn't needed. The whole set-up goes up/down in five minutes.
  • Options
    Interesting. Is spingfield a Marina shop online. I wouldn't mine if it's possible to have pictures of the starport site. I really like your size and concept. Thanks.
  • Options
    @unikguy.....I'll see if I can find the dimensions. I'll also try to find the exact order sheet for that leg but I think it was also available at Overton's so I'll look in that catalogue too.
  • Options
    @unikguy. Here's the leg kit you saw on the port side of the table. I ordered it from Overton's Catalogue. In the 2015 catalogue it is on page 115. It is item L part number 79554 and is called the Sequoia Table Leg System (price $59.95 USD) It is a leg and two brackets - one for a floor mount and one for a under table mount. I reversed the brackets and used the heavy chrome one for the table (as the leg just twist locks out of that leaving a flat ring under the table, making it easier to stow) and the table one to attach to the 1/8" thick aluminum plate you see on the floor. For the other two legs I used stock oak stair spindles. I painted them white, predrilled holes into them, added some PL Premium contractors' glue, then inserted a lag that had wood-type screws for the spindle end and a threaded end for the end that screws into one of those 4 screw metal plates you can get at any hardware store to fasten legs to the underside of tables. I put a non stick pad under the aluminum floor piece and felt pads under the oak spindles to protect the rug. Overton's order desk number is  1-800-334-6541 You may be able to view the leg system at Overtons.com .....Good luck. If you have any more questions, fire-away!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @unikguy, I think the table is 44" long x 23" wide but I'll check. I won't at the boat for about a week but I'll see if I have the specs for the table and some more pictures on file. We love it. We made a mock up of cheap ply and used it for a few "dinner parties" to get the size and corners right. What I like is that the two starboard oak legs are tight to the far side cushion and the aluminum leg is far enough out from both facing benches that everyone can slide past in and there no legs in anyone's way. We can comfortably seat 6 people for dinner with full sized plates, glasses condiments, wine bottle etc.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Hi Michael. Thank you very much for all this information. I will make my table exactly as yours. Thanks again.
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    @unikguy:  I took the mounting brackets off the molded factory table and just remounted them on the bottom of the new wood one..meaning to make sure the distance is correct for floor mounting in the pre existing pole mounts.