Underwater Ocean LEDs On Rinker

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Rinker Photo Gallery

Thought you guys might like to see the install of the Ocean underwater LEDs on my 360. There are two different sets for comparison. The smaller LEDs lower on the hull are the Rinker factory option Ocean LED Pro 3 Blue LEDs. They are about 400 lumens, each side. The larger white LEDs ( I did not install the SS caps that came with them as the white won't set-up galvanic action like the SS might) are the Ocean Pro 8 LED colour-changing 2400 lumen lights, each side. They can be set to any single colour you want, strobe on a single colour, be set to fade through the colours or strobe through the colours. In murky water I find they shine out about 20 feet. In clear water about 35 feet.

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that! Bet it will look nice on the water......here in Fl. I might worry to much about drawing the gators in though...but I really like it!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ras. It sure draws the fish in. In fact different colours seem to draw in different species of fish. So you're right Ras. In the Ocean LED home page they have a famous American fisherman explaining the benefits of underwater lighting (in his opinion) for attracting fish. I know in my area the guys are all getting them installed. I must say when the lights strobe the fish look pretty confused. I'll probably get charged by Fish&Game for making the fish neurotic!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!!! Where are the pictures with them on? I have attracted fish with my underwater lights, in fact I had 3 Gar a few weeks ago feeding on minnows behind my boat.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    @Greg, we had a pike slam a sunfish looking at the lights at night under the boat a week ago! Poor sunfish was just enjoying the show when BAM! We had to explain "life" to a 6 year old who saw the carnage. I'll see if I can find a picture of them "on" somewhere. A few guys have shot videos,  maybe I can get my hands on one and figure-out how to post it LOL.  I just figured-out how to get my windows 7 to post pictures to the forum - hence the flood of pictures from me LOL....BTW you can google Ocean LED, go to the video section and look at the video of, I think it's a 33' SeaRay. That's pretty normal for the their Pro Extreme LEDs and HIDs.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Revive an old thread. Had some pics from summertime - of midnight blue Ocean LEDs.

X4 series. 1150 lumens each.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwater lights always look great. I love the look of the wash while underway.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is cool- just don't spend to much time looking back, you might hit something!