Options

2004 342 FV specs and drawings

kingsqueenkingsqueen Member Posts: 10
Does anyone have factory specs or drawings from factory on 2004 342 FV? I am looking for layout, installed components, specs. Anything for this vessel. Sea Ray has everything you need about every boat made. For some reason I cannot find or get (from Rinker) anything for my boat. They manufactured this vessel so why can't they provide full specs on everything about it???
So frustrating. 
Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I've been able to get is the wiring diagram.  I asked about drawings and got told they were not available.  As for specs, those are going to be in the sale brochure and generally on the web.  

If you have specific questions, ask here.  There are a number of us with 342s.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I obtained the drawings for the gas tanks--in the event that someone needs them.  I obtained them from the tank manufacturer.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    As Stodge said a useful document for the 342 is the pages in the sales brochure booklet for that model year.  It has the basic specs and layout drawings.  Not much else beyond that that I know of.  I have the brochure booklets from 2005 and 2006.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    kingsqueenkingsqueen Member Posts: 10
    Thanks. If you can post the gas tank drawings I would appreciate it. I am 3rd owner so don't have access to any sales brochure or any other paperwork. They didn't leave anything when I purchased the boat. Thanks again!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    @kingsqueen - on the question of why you can't get details from Rinker, IMHO it's a cost decision that is both a strength and a weakness of the Rinker brand.  

For companies that build complex systems such as cars, engines and boats, it is hugely expensive to maintain detailed drawings because of all of the overhead "change control management" that goes along with it.  Ford and Mercruiser can afford it because they spread the cost over many thousands of virtually identical units.  For boat builders, it's tougher because they might only build dozens or hundreds of units.

Still, some boat builders do it, and their customers end up paying dearly for it.  Rinker chooses not to do it, and they pass the savings to their customers.  That's one reason why Rinker usually destroys Sea Ray on price comparisons.

Does that answer ease the pain?  ;-D

I have the 2003 sales brochure.  All of the info is widely available on the web.  
  • Options
    I verified I have the tank drawings on my computer.  I will get them to you, it might need to be directly to your email address if I am unsuccessful on the RBO site.  It may be tonight or tomorrow to know what my RBO computer skills really are.

Our '06 boat came with almost no drawings for the boat but there was about a foot of manuals for the boats equipment that were supplied.  So if you need something specific, let me know and I will get a copy to you.

My paper copies of stuff are in FL.  At the moment I am on the road so there could be a delay.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    I am thinking there is a library associated with the RBO site.  That would be a great place to store the drawings once I can provide them.  Also maybe the brochures for each year could be in this area in their entirety.  Anyone with any ideas on how to do this?

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    Yeah, a file archive like that would be tough to maintain without a dedicated folder structure.  Maybe Vanilla has that feature and it's not enabled on our site.