Options

Another boat fire Quincy Ma

Another boat fire took 4 or 5 boats with it at marina......google boat fire Quincy Ma

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Yeah that was at Captain's Cove Yacht Club right next to a friend of mine club. Not sure how it started but pretty bad......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Scary.  Could have been a lot worse.  Check out the footage of the emergency crews hustling that one big boat away from the fire.

Whenever we see the local marine police and fire boats around our marina, we always let them know they're appreciated.  
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Would the fact that he was disconnected the shore power have anything to do with it?  Arcing? 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who knows. I would say that is one reason I shut off all my 110V breakers at the panel, then switch off the main 110V, then switch off the shore power isolation, then unplug at the dock power supply, all before I take off my shore power cable from the boat.

When I plug back in, do everything above in reverse.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I believe that the boat that the fire started on was a live on. Could have been anything that started it.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com