Options

Winterizing A Rinker EC 360 - Some Pictures

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

297 - Mercruiser HE (high efficiency) oil filters . These have an anti drain down valve that prevents bearing knock and lifter collapse on start-up. They sure worked on my 8.2s - unlike that other brand. IMO well worth the money. 301 - my home made T valve in-line with the generator water supply. It can be used to pressurize the system after a strainer clean or as in this case to pump anti freeze through the generator. I installed one on the HVAC too. Note: I bought a new hose to replace the red one in the picture. The red one did not have stiff enough walls and the generator kept trying to suck it flat. The HVAC did not pull as hard. (no jokes here you guys!, I'm trying to be serious!) Anyway they worked great, took about 1 minute to shoot the AF through. 313- a straight shot into the input shaft of a Bravo lll X drive. 309,310 and 321 - pictures of the Mercury alignment tool in each engine. The tool went into both inputs with two finger ease. 290 and 291 - pictures of the water pump removed to replace the impeller. You will note from the hose end that there is a metal retainer clip. The idea (I believe) was to make it so that the tech could just push the hose ends together with a quick snap fitting. However the hoses are notched to mate together and have to be perfectly lined-up - UNDER - the engine! Maybe a great idea - as long as you don't have an 8.2 Mag right beside a generator. It took two technicians 15 minutes to reconnect the "quick snap" fitting. (not so quick, LOL) - wait a minute, what am I laughing about, I was paying for it :-(  295 - cool fuel module sitting in a jar, draining gas.  294 - there was discussion as to whether or not to replace the cool fuel filters on my engines, as the engines were "only"  (the tech's words not mine) 2 years old with 130 hours on them. I said "replace them, I don't want to take chances contaminating my fuel injectors." As you might be able to see, in the glass jar, there are a number of dirt or paint particles present. I fished one out and it sure felt like a paint fleck to me. At any rate, paint or dirt, I will now be replacing my fuel filters every year. No argument from the tech after seeing that! So, finally.....for those of you winterizing - the best of luck, I hope all goes well! For those of you who don't have to winterize because it never gets cold :-(

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boat gets delivered down here in Sunny Florida tomorrow MT. The marina owner used to work for Yanmar and knows my motors very well and cant wait to see this Rinker. I told him he had to Dewinterize and he said he has never done that here LOL. He told me he just serviced 2 motors exactly like mine that had 28000 hours on them. Its all in the maintenance MT. 
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @H342. Yes, Steve it is ALL in the maintenance. We all expect to see some pictures of your Rinker at its new home! How interesting that your marina knows your specific diesels - what a bonus.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mechanic replaces my fuel filter every year. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB, I agree Mark and mine will be happy to now, based on what he saw. I don't know if you have the cool fuel module but it is a bit of work to replace fuel filters with these as there are two fuel filters. A small pre-filter and a bigger pleated filter. You must disassemble the module to access the filters. Still much cheaper than fuel injectors!