Options

Are Rinkers Being Built?

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
So what have you guys heard. Are Rinker dealers allowed to place orders? Are 2016 Rinkers going to be built? Has anyone heard of proposed model lines? By this time of the year production should be underway. I know they built my EC 360 in November of 2014. It was delivered in early December. 

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure of meeting Al amd his son last weekend.  He's upgrading my 9.9 Merc to 18hp :)  He said Randy stops by often too.  Sounds like they are still in production and moving some pontoon production to the plant too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    My Lord!  What a great brand to be having this discussion about.  The fun thing I realized is that whenever we go to a new marina or YC, many there want to know about our boat and what brand.  If when I say Rinker, they are either surprised that it is such a great boat in spite of what they may have heard about the brand or they like what they see that the boat is and they are not surprised that we bought the Salt Shaker back in 2006 and we still enjoy this great cruiser to the max.   Problems, yes, fixed, yes.   On top of that we often are mistaken for being a Sea Ray from a distance.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342 
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @BD - great news if Rinker is still producing. It is such an excellent boat for its cost and as Tony said the Rinkers draw a crowd wherever they go. Last summer we were at a new Canadian marina in Trenton, Ontario. They spent 14 million on it and did everything right. The reason I mention it is that instead of being surrounded by sea rays as is often the case, I was surrounded by Rinkers. There were about 150 slips and that will soon be doubled. I counted 18 Rinkers one night. Rinker owners were strolling around discussing how much they loved their boats. I hated to leave. Our new member from Belleville (BMXZ) is just down the river so I'm sure he'll see it next summer.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen a new sales brochure from Rinker for 2016 - I'd like to see what they have come up with!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they hired a new company early this year to redesign their web page and marketing material?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB I hope so, I'd sure like to see what they have in mind!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    FWIW, the web site says "We're working on updating Build-a-Boat with 2016 colors! Stay tuned!"
  • Options
    Wow! that IS exciting. I was really hoping a come-back for Rinker was in the cards!
  • Options
    I found it interesting to read on the Rinker website that Bennington will run Global Nautic Brands as a separate entity of their business and not integrate it as in a merger. Time will tell what the reason for this is but I wish the two companies had been fully integrated as that would have made me more comfortable regarding the long term survival of Rinker. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may sell some brands, take a loss on Global Nautic, which they can write off, and then integrate the two. If they integrate now, they risk jeapordizing their cash flow from the Bennington sales.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    FWIW, the web site says "We're working on updating Build-a-Boat with 2016 colors! Stay tuned!"
    Some colors do not belong on some boats.  Saw a cruiser with orange.  Lots of orange.  It was not pretty.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    @Stodge, It wasn't an orange Rinker cruiser -was it?
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was a Rinker.  Not ALL orange.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    It will be interesting to see the new colors that Rinker is going to offer. On their web site they say the selection is coming soon. it will also be interesting to see the available options and price points. As least Rinker did not cease as a boat company as - value for options and quality wise - the boating world would have been IMO worse-off.