PARTS

i'm looking for a new transom light and a downstairs filler cushion for the center burth
CIRRHOSIS OF THE RIVER III

Answers

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a LED replacement for the transom light... http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/6556

It is rather bright, but it works with the existing holes.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others have installed the ITC Tricolor light for effect when docked or on the hook. Just be sure to flip it to white while underway. I used them in my spreader lights.

http://www.itc-marine.com/product/tri-color-led-light/

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the itc tri color light for both my spreader and transom lights. Looks awesome.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea guys, I bought a spare one for my interior hard top lights and will use it for the swim platform light this Spring!

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    does ICT make tricolor light for cockpit courtesy lights? I read thread that Mark was replacing his lights but I can't find one with tricolor.  Just red, white OR blue.  Also are they bright?  Without an arch I am in short supply of light in cockpit 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen tri colors for the courtesy lights.  I ended up replacing those with the white light. I wouldn't say they are superbright. They light the foot way, but not the area.  That's why I stuck with white, as I wanted it to not be too dim.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not believe that ITC makes tri lights for the courtesy foot lights. ITC does make tri colour led lights for the ones that go in an arch, hard top or swim platform. I know west marine used to sell them and they can also be ordered from Overton's 1-800-334-6541 PN# 773104 at $39.99 (page 146 of their 2015 annual catalogue).

I think there may be a tri colored courtesy light available at west marine made by Lumitec. It says it comes in dimmable white/blue/red with a brushed aluminum cover or white/blue/red/purple with a powder-coated aluminum finish. Single colors are not cheap at $25 but the multi color dimmable ones are crazy expensive at $100 each. I haven't seen anything reasonable priced for  individual courtesy lights although I imagine it's just a matter of time. At the moment all I've found that is reasonably priced for courtesy lighting is the strip lighting.