Options

Any suggestions, recommendations, etc for replacing a dashboard and all the gauges ???

I have a 2001 Captiva with a electronic dash board that has failed.  Rinker has no easy replacement and I'm thinking of making up a new gauge package ...

Any suggestions or comments ??

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Call Mercury, give them your engine serial number, and ask them if it's compatible with SmartCraft gauges and/or VesselView.  That would be a great way to go if it's compatible with your engine (and budget).
  • Options
    kjmotterkjmotter Member Posts: 2
    Great photo ... in DC this summer and loved the idea of boating around the monuments !!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Thanks!  It's definitely a great area for boating.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a Merc power plant then agree with LaRea.  I made the switch to a Vessel View and love it.  Another option is to use a multi function display that can accept NMEA 2000 inputs and either use existing or upgrade to sending units etc. to be NMEA 2000.  Nearly all the current (and even older) MFDs can display gauges.  My old 4208 had that feature, and my current HDS5 has it.

As for the dash itself, I was lucky that my mechanic had just gotten into that business.  

Good luck with the project.  It would be very cool when it's done.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX