Options

Mercruiser B3 XR props for sale

Have a matched set of Bravo 3 XR 21" props...front prop has 4 blades,rear has 3 blades.

Equivalent to a 22 " regular pitch prop. Great hole shot. used for 10 minutes as back up props.

$500 or b.o.

Comments

• Options
    skidrowskidrow Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    That's $385 US...
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one pair?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you selling them? I am interested...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    just 1 set...only had a single drive....sold boat and moving up to a sea ray 350 so
    do not need them.
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the sea ray has inboards, or v-drives, I wonder why Rinker does not offer this option?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you can't trim V drives and they are about 15% less fuel efficient, lower top end too. But - less costly to maintain (usually). Trade-offs. Might be less engine compartment room with V drives - therefore less interior room?
  • Options

No, the new Sea Ray has B3 outdrives..but prop pitch would not work with

the new drive.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    @skidrow. good for you! Trimable drives do require maintenance but are far more fuel efficient and do make for a better ride. I guess you have 8.1s (496s) probably without catalytic converters.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    MT, I agree with you on most of your comment, except the better ride.  Both the straight shaft and V-drive has a better ride than our stern drives.  You can stay on plane at a much lower speed because the weight is further forward.  I've rode on buddy's boat with V-drives & it is really nice taking a sunset cruise at 15-20mph on plane having drinks and walking around.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DI, I agree as long as the water is relatively flat. I used to boat with a guy who had a sea ray with 8.1 v drives. If the water was flat he had a good ride. I did too with our 360 BUT I could trim up my drives and get way better gas mileage. BUT - when the surface of the water would go through different stages on a windy day like around islands and then out into open water, he had ONE prop angle and trim tabs whereas I had variable prop trim settings and also trim tab setting to get a way better ride ride in all conditions.. V drives usually cheaper to maintain, trimable stern drives way more options - IMO.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V drives take up too much room. You lose the entire mid berth space.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Mercury Marine's "New Design" XR Series Bravo-3 Propellers sold in sets.

Utilizing the same mounting hardware these new propellers can be used on standard Bravo Three, X and XR. Recommended to run on big boats with big power (496 through 525HP). Enormous cup is built in to the trailing edges of both front and rear props offering tremendous planing performance in addition to some of the best mid-ranging cruising numbers you'll ever see. Top end numbers are generous for most applications and if you plan on switching from the standard Bravo Three (example 22" pitch) to the new Bravo Three XR (plan on running a 21" XR) to match the RPM of the standard 22pitch.

Designed for Bravo Three and Bravo Three XR drives
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see a picture of those trailing edges!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    @skidrow what motor and boat were you running these props with? And did you like the 3/4 combo. And will be very close to were you are this weekend. I have 07 280 w/496
  • Options

I was running them on a 04 mercruiser 350 mag mpi  rebuilt to a 383 stroker

with thru hull exhaust.

• Options
    minnesotaminnesota Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Hi Skidrow, I live in Barrie, very interested, when can I come see them?
    2008 280 EC
  • Options
    Minnesota, sent you a message.
  • Options