Options

the future

as a rinker owner I am a little concerned about the lack of new information coming out of the new ownership group of rinker.

I am concerned if we are all now passionate owners of an orphan line and soon to be disappearing dealer support for the line. while I am not looking for specific product announcements or huge fireworks displays it would be nice to have some idea of rinker viability moving forward. it seems to me that a public relations process should be underway to reach out to a very passionate group of owners that have committed hard earned dollars into their product. so, what's the deal????? 

you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear you captpaul. When drug companies, banks, telecoms etc. merge there is a lot of up-front p.r. to create ease. All boat companies seem to lack this p.r. expertise. Probably no different here. I imagine Bennington is getting a handle on just what the heck they have purchased and what models will go forward.

Even Rinker who builds IMO the best cruiser for value anywhere, would often let their own website lag behind new colors and options they were offering! When I ordered new boats from Rinker I NEVER went by the brochures or websites - for options and colors - I always called the factory. They often said - yeah we do have some new colors and options that are not advertised yet. What? So, I'm not worried, yet, I think we're playing catch-up. But, like you I hope something is announced soon!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deal went through only 2 weeks ago (or so). I think they are just trying to catch up. Not making excuses, I would love to see an anouncement from Benington. But I would be dumbfounded if they discontinued the line. It opens up a whole new world of boating to Bennington.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Rinker won't be like your father's Oldsmobile

Andy
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    captpaulcaptpaul Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    good news but still nothing addressed to this forum and its active members. I am sure it is hectic but it is also not a huge drain on corporate resources to do a little positive PR.