Options

table to bed conversion

I am baffled. i have a 2006 RInker 390 EC. I am trying to convert my dining table in to a bed. i have removed the top and unscrewed the base screw locking it in. I can move he tube around but cannot pull it out. it feels like something is bolted that i am not seeing. 

I dont want to break something for the fun, is there a twist, kick, or something required to separate the base from the pole to convert it?

thanks for the helps. 

Jeanpaul

Comments

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Here's how I removed mine the first time I got my boat, not sure if yours is the same but is sound like it. Give it a shot of WD40 around where the base and pole meet, let it sit for a half hour, then give it a gentle fast jiggle back and forth while applying upward force and it should break loose. I often have the same difficulty removing the posts on my camper's dinette table.

Andy
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's like mine it doesn't come out. You need to keep the table top on and push it down. The post is spring loaded and slides into itself. Then the cushion just sits ontop of the table top.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey JP. My friend had a 2006 Rinker 390. It had a single pole for the dining table with a twist knob about half way down to lower or raise the table. His table leg did NOT come out, it just travelled up and down. It was spring loaded and if you got the post too high it was a bugger to get it back down. To convert the dining table to a bed he was supposed to drop the table by loosening the knob, re-tighten it at the right height and put the filler cushion on top. Mark B is correct.
  • Options
    JPCRUZEJPCRUZE Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help, that works. Problem solved. 
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Heck you got one of them fancy boats. I've just got a big ol' pole that jams into the floor! :D

Andy
  • Options
    zqamyzqamy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this... new 2012 Rinker for us and I was going crazy trying to get it to turn into a bed