Options

Fuel Starved from Starboard

JPCRUZEJPCRUZE Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
An unusual problem and thought you all may have seen this problem. When I have the engines set to run off their own tanks the starboard engine seems starved for fuel and will not get up to speed. When I cross over the drives so they are both running on the starboard fuel tank same problem. When I cross over the drives and they are both running on the port fuel tank then both engines run like they are brand new. Ran pressures tests and no issues, replaced the fuel filter on the starboard engine and it was a little dirty but fine. I am at a loss as to what this could be. My only comfort is that the engines are running well from the port fuel tank. 

Can anyone think of anything I am missing? Any ideas are appreciated. 

Thanks
Jeanpaul

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JP, good trouble shooting so far! Could the fuel vent for the starboard engine be blocked like a spider nest, kink in the hose. Speaking of kinks in hoses could the gas supply hose have a kink in it of something pushing against it? What condition is the hose in? We have had cases on this forum where hoses - both water and fuel - have lost their wall integrity and get sucked flat restricting flow. When you say you replaced the fuel filter - good idea BTW - do you have the cool fuel module? If you do did you replace BOTH filters? Sometimes with the cool fuel modules the small end filter gets missed and it will restrict fuel if its contaminated.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I was thinking the vent also......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also look for an in-line fuel filter.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your fuel line coming from
    the tank. On my 342 both were pulled tight thru a hole restricting flow. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    JPCRUZEJPCRUZE Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Here was the problem in case anyone else has the problem. Fuel Filter Replaced, Fuel Senders were tested and OK, Pressure Tests OK. 

What ultimate was the big problem was the fuel pick up line at the starboard tank was clogged and even though it was still sending some fuel it was not enough because of the gummy blockage. 

Problem Solved ! Thanks for the all of the ideas. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Glad it was an easy fix.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"