Options

Just bought boat :) doing some upgrades

F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
Hi everyone,
I just bought my first large boat 1993 rinker 300 Fiesta vee, bought it at what I think was a good price of $18400cdn. It seems in great shape and got all the service history as well. The previous owner spent $13000 in the last year on it fixing all kinds of stuff. It seems to be VERY clean boat and very well looked after. With lots of new upgrades. Even came with dock boxes and slip fees paid. Does anyone have a downloadable owners manual for this boat? We bought it as a low cost cottage type of idea, since the slip is close and only 25min away from out house.

Next season I will need to replace the batteries, they are old and at least one is shot. I was thinking of running 2 deep cycle, and 2 starting batteries, and adding a inverter to run the microwave and TV set when anchored. I have access to a small honda generator to charge the system up.

Any ideas or comments? I plan to spend 1-2 days anchored, what is the best way to be able to stay on the water and be comfortable with my wife? Or can I just rely on the boat engines to charge the batteries?

a few pictures are attached of the boat and current batteries.

http://postimg.org/image/6ybtcthpx/

http://postimg.org/image/b2mvzc86t/

http://postimg.org/image/fge6ybx25/

1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That boat is clean! Great buy. There is no manual to download. Search: FAQ by LaRea. There are some great topics there 
  • Options
    GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    I have basic manual mine is a little newer,but we are on the same lake. Not sure we're you are but can copy it for you. Congrats on your new buy.
  • Options
    At lefroy harbour , if you are close next season we can meet up
  • Options
    Very close,I think I saw the boat you bought on line.have a friend over that way.
  • Options
    Lots of Rinkers on Simcoe.
  • Options
    yeah, it drives nice, and the old owner literally did a ton of work on it. New paint, outdrive service, new oil pumps, new water pumps. New ray marine sounder, new steering cables, new gauges, ect ect... it goes on and on... 13k of repairs. Crazy. Plus we got all the stuff in it, 12 new lifejackets, all the cooking stuff ect ect...

Both engines had excellent compression tests, so the motors must not have many hours on them. And the engine bay and engines were very clean. I was suprized for a boat from 1993 how clean everything was including the interior.

I bought some down riggers and will be trout fishing next year as well.

really looking forward to using it next year, since we bought it at the end of season, only got to use it 3 times this year.
  • Options
    pm me hope we will meet up. Have you seen what is happening at Friday Bay. Old big bay point.

• Options
    Yes they are building a crazy 1000slip super marina there. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
  • Options
    Yes not sure either,but looks very high end out of my buget.lol
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking boat at a really good price. Were either you or Gregg at Friday Bay for the big harbour flood. Had a friend who was, pretty impressive. What was that project, 25 years in the making? I guess that's why the condo prices are so high.
  • Options
    No, but I watched the video of them flooding it... here is a question. Now that it is a navicable area, can you anchor and sleep over in that bay? Even when the marina is there? What are the rules? do they "own" that man made bay?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they own the bay but a lot is being sorted-out,so time will tell. It certainly was an engineering feat!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody owns water

• Options
    http://fridayharbourresort.com/lake-simcoe-condos-for-sale/renderings

this is the development we are chatting about, they build a 40acre bay, with 4km of shoreline.

I would think that anyone can anchor in it no?
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the guy sold for just over $18k bit put on $13k. Interesting perspective is that he only netted $5k on that boat. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Actually less, cause we got the slip fees covered till 2016, and all the stuff in the boat as well, 12 new life jackets, 2 deck boxes, all the safety stuff, all the appliances and cookware ect. Some spare parts. All the cleaning supplies ect. And he just installed a brand new raymarine dragonfly GPS /chirp depth sounder unit.

It really was a great deal. I basically dont have any maintenance to do on it for a few years after what he had done.
  • Options
    Gregg said:
    Yes not sure either,but looks very high end out of my buget.lol
    Where do you keep your boat on lake simcoe? How do you like it. My place seems a bit pricey, however its very clean and nice.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F1100 that is great. But don't get ahead of yourself. There's always maintenance to do. In the least preventative maintenance. If you don't do it the boat will run into some expensive problems.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MT no I was not at the flooding,looks like it was amazing the price compared  to the city is a bargin. Were can you drive your car up to the front and back your boat up to the rear of your house? love it. 
    @ F1100 I am 5min to lake from our house , but have our boat 35 min North east past Rama. 
    prices I think are good for coverd slips. 
  • Options
    F110 shoulds like you really got a end of the season deal.