Options

Water in bilge with shower sump - 2003 270 FV

MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
After my boat was pulled and blocked I noticed about 1 1/2 gallons of water in the interior bilge (under the aft cabin mattress) where the shower sump is located.  The water is definitely not from the shower sump.  This bilge remains dry throughout the summer season however water has accumulated in this interior bilge each of the last two years after the boat was pulled.  There is no hole in the aft of this compartment.  The opening is forward, to an area under the cabin floor.  My guess is that the boat gets tilted forward sometime during the pulling, washing, blocking process and water from the engine bilge finds its way into this compartment.  Does this sound correct?  Is there some other culprit?

Thanks,
MDboater

Answers

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be water from the anchor locker.
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    I had water in the same place and I eventually discovered the water was leaking from the pipe connected to the tap in the wash basin vanity unit. It's a real pain dismantling the structure but is easy enough to put right.  It was amazing how much water collected in a short space of time.  Good luck if that's you problem.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does your mid berth bilge gravity drain to the engine compartment? If so, then for sure that's a possibility.  How did you take the boat out via a lift or via a trailor/ramp?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    MarkB said:

Does your mid berth bilge gravity drain to the engine compartment? If so, then for sure that's a possibility.  How did you take the boat out via a lift or via a trailor/ramp?

The mid berth bilge does not have a hole on the aft wall to allow gravity drainage to the engine bilge.  The boat is hauled out using a trailer.  The trailer has a hydraulic bed to raise/lower the boat.
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    This happened whilst the boat was on hard standing. I noticed water on the ground under the starboard bilge fitting. There doesn't appear to have a mid drain to the engine compartment. My water tank kept emptying and after a great deal of head scratching we found the leak. The cold water pipe had a crack under the tap fitting. My job done, I hope yours is just as easy to cure.  For some reason the mid bilge now has packed up. Another problem :s