Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manufacturer Suggestion for bellows/ gimbal kit

TrashmanTrashman New Jersey/ philaPosts: 427Member ✭✭✭
I  have a 2004 270 fv with a bravo 3.  I see several manufactures that put together complete outdrive bellows kits. I see a mallory, sierra glm and of course oem.  Also different bearings. Can anyone steer me away from what NOT to buy and suggest a quality kit ?  Maybe the complete kit isnt the way to go? The boat will be in the marina on the delaware river for the season. I need all bellows gimbal seals and maybe a new shift cable while im at it. 

Comments

• frenchshipfrenchship Québec ,CanadaPosts: 1,079Member ✭✭✭
    I did install all bellows and gimbal bearings on both my bravo 111. And got them from Sierra good quality product and even recommended by Al
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,384Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @frenchship were the Sierra kits a lot less expensive than merc. OEM?
    If I remember right Sierra was about 50$ U.S cheaper than  Mercruiser. I got both kits last winter in Florida with free shipping.
  • TrashmanTrashman New Jersey/ philaPosts: 427Member ✭✭✭
     Thank you any suggestion on who to order from I usually like to buy stuff from eBay I never had a bad experience   As for the gimbal bearing I know I've read there's crucible and sealed bearings what would someone suggest...
    I always buy from https://www.perfprotech.com. great web site and excellent service and competitive pricing, and shipping. As far are gimbal bearing from what I see they are now seal. I myself prefer the one you can grease if they are still available .
    Good luck.

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,552Member, Moderator mod
    I use perfprotech as well with consistently good results. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• TrashmanTrashman New Jersey/ philaPosts: 427Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help!