Options

"Water" in Port Cockpit Storage Area

HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
Hello All,

I recently opened the Port Storage Area directly opposite the helm and found about 4 inches of what I believe to be water. This is where the Big Orange Filter for the waste tank vent line is installed. No real smell, just dirty looking water. This happened once before when the holding tank was overflowing. I always add several gallons of water with a water hose after a pump out. Could this be the issue? I also recently had the shower sump stop working and shower water was accumulating in the mid section bilge. Could it have come from there? I have checked the seating and o-ring on the filter and everything seems to be fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.
"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF there is no smell I do not suspect waste water , however the sump does look suspect.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open the Big Orange, if the carbon is wet you overflowed. You can get water in there from the shore power outlets and leaking arch. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I discovered that my cup holders near the port storage were draining into that storage area.  Some well places tubes on the drain holes of the cup holders will help there.  I also put a drain hole in the bottom of the storage bin, and I put a 3 inch compartment vent into the side facing the walkway, under the seat.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX