Options

can someone give an old salt some help?

212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't figure it out...  I was cruising along and became suspect that there was something wet below my boat... I pulled up at a marker, just outside of the channel, walked to the swim platform and stuck my hand as far under the boat as I could... 

turns out I was right... It's wet down there... it has a curious salty flavor, nothing like that water I buy in the store- but more like an alkaseltzer or sumpthin....

anyone have any clue what's going on?  

Comments

• Options
    c'mon people!! hurry up already!!! If it's what i think it is i'm walking home!!!
  • Options
    really people?  leavin' me hangin like this?  

normally I wouldn't worry... but man, there is a WHOLE LOT of this stuff!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2015

well..... y'all ain't no fun.... 

wherever I am, I'm better off than this fella... this is from a buddies boat while fishing, and fella's, this is no more than half an hour off of high tide.... there is a channel behind this guy... he must have been looking at the inlet and thought "there is no shorter distance than a straight line", right?  

what a goob... here is the funny thing, if there is anything funny about it- there were no less than three boats in front of him before he veered... Of you look close, you can see them crouched down hiding from the cameras... 

there is only one way off that bar..... I hope he has a shovel... and a strong back... 

before y'all judge my buddy, who took this pic but offered no help-  we deal with this all the time... guys with a big purse and all kinds of arrogance, who buy these rigs and run them WFO w/o regard for others, and end up like this... My buddy says "if I helped every one of them I encountered, there would be zero time for me to fish, and i work too hard to spend my precious time off digging some idiot off a sand bar because he's just too special to slow down and hang behind the guys in front of him"..... 

well... that's him.. I'd have at least offered all but the captain a ride to port... i'd tell the captain to get diggin and he might have a ditch enough to float in by the next high tide... if he abandons his boat, and seatow happens by, guess what happens next? 

oh.... by the way... this fella?  he'll be wanting more of what is under my boat than what's under his... turns out my situation ain't a bad one, huh? 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....one way to get the moss and  barnacles off the boat's hull.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    We have an area nearby as well that it happens often.  It's a place where an island used to be, but now, well, it's an island that just usually sits about 6 inches under low tide.

I understand your buddies' reasons.  I'd at least have to make sure all is ok, but then move on.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of that down here.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of skinny water on the inner coastal water way system in Fl- very easy to do. If you even drift out of the channel a bit at low time I have found myself bumping the bottom! 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Best part is them hiding from the camera.  Classic.