Options

Great News for the RBOC

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
I spoke to Rinker today and they are definitely keeping the RBOC. I think they see the value to the forum. I should be hearing back from them soon. I will tell them of any issues with the site like the back button not working correctly. Great news IMO..................... 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like continued support and more important, the Rinker line of boats!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    That's definitely great news!  Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Yes, too much value on here to give this up!  I've told several new Rinker owners over the past few years and they are hooked.  I can't imagine not having this site!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Awesome! 

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. But I think it would be insane (corporate suicide) for them to close it down. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Love this site, love the people we chat with also!

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    This is an awesome forum, great info and people.

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

Amen, to the above comments! I have always gotten the brotherhood value of this forum and the fact that just uploading it probably lengthens the lifeline on our palms..... but I did  a few, for fun, calculations and the financial value of the advice contained on this forum is in the millions of dollars.

It used to be that a technician could spend hours trouble-shooting a problem as labor wasn't that big a factor and the price of parts was. Now, the price of labor can quickly outpace the price of parts and if a technician doesn't get it right quickly the parts can cost but the labor will kill us!

This past summer a good technician spent 5 hours trouble-shooting a pressure code fault on one of my engines and replacing parts. He consulted with Mercury the whole time. The first choice was to replace the impeller. Nada. The second choice was to assess a faulty pressure sensor. It was all covered under warranty but can you imagine the cost? The labour alone was probably $600.00. The sender was $29.00 - attached is a pic of the screen showing what turned-out to be a faulty reading of the port engine water pressure sensor.

My point? On this forum we might not solve a problem with the first comment but we usually do after a few. I have often made a suggestion to a tech based on what we discuss on here. The techs often reply - great idea, where did you get that from? The value of the Rinker brotherhood - priceless, the financial value to us of the combined knowledge - pretty formidable!

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Amen MT and well put......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millions eh? Where can I send my invoice?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Nice one Mark!  I know what I've learned here I apply at times going thru my marina.  It usually turns into fixes. It also causes me to get out of the marina on Fridays so I'm not there fixing other problems all weekend. :-)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MarkB you can send your invoice - then - everyone else gets to send you a bill. :-) IMO - we can just be thankful that this site exists free of charge to all.