Options

Hinge Question

so I have these hinges on the cabinetry in the cabin.  I have seen hinges similar to this used in a residential situation and they have a release that will separate the base and not require pulling screws out in order to remove a door.  Any magic release on these hinges?  I cant find any.

2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 2014 Rinker there is no "magic" release for the hinges. To remove doors we had to unscrew the hinges. I found it easier to unscrew the hinge from the cabinet instead of that door. That way when replacing the doors I could hold the door with one hand and position the hinges then place the screws. I put one screw into the top hinge then one into the bottom hinge to hold the door in place before adding the last two screws, then tightening them all down.
  • Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

thanks!

that's what I figured, just making sure.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, they actually do release easily, leaving a small base plate on the cabinet side.  I'm trying to remember exactly how to tell you to do it, but I just play with mine a little.  Actually, the kids usually end up taking one off and then I just reinstall.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    You're lucky DI, mine don't. I've probably installed 1000 of them. Fingers crossed for you @redlightning - maybe you got lucky like DI!
  • Options
    @redlightning: up-date. I talked with a buddy who has hinges that DO come apart on his Rinker 350 leaving the cabinet attached end in place. He said he got "screwed" the first time as his hinges appear to do this for adjustment (door alignment) purposes and he had a H*ll of a time getting the doors to align back up. He suggested you mark the position of the hinge arm with an indelible pen to reinstall them. He said when he takes doors off - like the ones that cover his electrical panel - so he can access it - he takes the hinges off from the cabinet as in his opinion it is less work. I'll check mine again, maybe mine are removable as DI says but even if they are I think I'll stick with taking them off at the cabinet. It has worked well for me so far.
  • Options

yea, I have looked pretty good for a release with no luck.  I figured out pretty quick that the screws you mentioned were adjustment screws.  I think this type doesn't have a release.  thanks for the help

• Options
    ALBRIKBALBRIKB Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    2004 312 fiesta vee, we can’t find any cabinet door hinges, the cabinet under the TVs hinges broke and no one seems to know where to buy news ones.any suggestions tried several box store and called rinker directly and no one knows how or where to get new ones
  • Options
    did you check with great lakes skipper?
  • Options
    rinkerstephrinkersteph Member Posts: 2
    Where can I buy these hinges?
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw something similer at Lowes today, you may have to take one off to match.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are just normal cabinet hinges ... available at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Just a matter of getting the right ones. Take one off and bring it to Home Depot.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"