Options

Trailer Lights, again....

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
I guess I should feel lucky that one of my worst issues with a reoccurring problem is trailer lights but I'm on like my third set. The last ones I bought were WesBar,a submersible but not water tight and one of the lights has a corded socket. These seem to be fairly good rated. Probably less than a year old. Last set were LED "water tight" that did not work out well at all, Is this just the way it is?  

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    It looks like it must have come in from the wires and not the seal /cover on the socket- does not look like it got wet other than the bulb is frozen in it and you can see the corrosion between the two- almost like a bad batter connection but this has eaten it up beyond cleaning...no, I do not unplug...also, there is a third smaller bulb in there and goes to the sides of the lights- additional running/marker light? I thought it was a license plate lite but it's on both side, two wires into the light housing..... 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use silicon grease Ras on the bulbs
  • Options
    They came all sealed up so I did not open them up...what about that third small bulb, marker light? Neither work so I am not sure...
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solved my lighting problems by upgrading to LED lights. No need to unplug them when dunking the trailer. They work and are bright on the road. Well worth the upfront cost verses replacing bulbs multiple times.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I bought some LED's they immediately took on water and fried out.....I will put the grease in them and try to help seal from the back as I think that was the culprit and try to remember to unplug.....although I don't recall replacing any bulbs, just the whole darn thing!