Wildboating's- Winter Wish N' List

I am more than missing my boat already, this winter is going to be a bit of a struggle.  Thankfully we are moving right through it quickly.  I started putting together my winter wish's list to help pass the time and gauge the budget needed.  I also need some advise with some items on our 03' 342.

-Replace cockpit carpet, threw out the former at the end of the season to make sure this gets done.
-Install Big Orange Filter
-Put lonseal wood floor in base of cabin.
-Sliding door track, clean/ repair/ replace.  Door is sticky and hard to open.   ***I need advise on how this is done.
-Replace vent hole in bathroom.  Some kid broke the diverter flap then hid the evidence.  SMH  Anyone know where to buy the factory ones?
-Source and install underwater led lights.  I am thinking Lumitec Spectrum's.  
-Replace factory sub and add a 2nd 10" from Wetsounds.
-Replace cracked front bomar window
-source new Sunpad for bow.
-add small cockpit tv to radar arch
-source and install OTA HDTV antenna on radar arch
-Service both outdrives
-replace or upgrade camper curtains.  I have a lot of black canvas in the curtains, I think more glass would be better.  
-replace or re-skin curtains, bed covers and pillows.  Update to something more modern and current.
-Replace or repair vhf antenna tip.  Yep, forgot it was up going under a bridge once.  Clack, Clack, Crack.  Oops.
-Polish,polish, polish
-New Chrome Rinker Decals
-Rename Boat 

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sticky sliding door can be a challenge. Some people have found that it's not the bearing, but the track itself (not straight, or not parallel to the other track).

Great list!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My door was hard to open when we first got our 242. I ended up removing the screws holding the plastic strip on the bottom of the door. I guess when the screws were in it was making it bind. With the screws removed it slides great and the strip stays in place without the screws.
    2008 330EC
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Like@Aero3113 my door was binding. The front of door (closest to helm) was too high as compared to the back of the door (facing port boat side)  so the door was binding. I removed the two screws, (closest to helm side), got the black plastic door guide out from under the door, trimmed 1/8 inch off it, reinstalled it with screws and it's almost too fast now, had to put a sign on the door - close slowly.  LOL.
    @Wildboating - that's some list. Please take some pictures to post.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

-source and install OTA HDTV antenna on radar arch

What is wrong with your current OTA antenna? It should be a UHF antenna, so it will pick up off air HD channels. My factory Shakespeare antenna works great.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the comments on the door.  I will be heading to the boat next week to begin on some of these projects.  Hopefully fixing my door is as easy as you have mentioned.

Cableguy, When i bought my boat (used) the OTA antenna on the radar arch was gone. This is why I plan to replace it with a new one.  There is a large aftermarket one in the front berth as the replacement  (great location, lol).

@Wildboating - just be careful (respectfully suggested) and remember that those doors are more brittle than they look - even when new - and it's not hard to break a chunk out of them. I wasn't kidding in my post above when I said after fixing my door so it slid "like butter" that I put a small sign on it to not slam it shut. I had a friend whose guest did that with his door and it cracked right across. We have had a number of posts on here, over the years, of people looking for new doors and its not easy. Be gentle with that door, take a couple of extra minutes and don't force anything! :-)
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one long list. My boat is gone for the winter. I only really need to focus on one thing next spring. I might clean up some of the connections on my TV coax cables, to see if I can stop the picture from jamming every 30 seconds (obviously a signal strength issue).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Thanks Michael T,  I would have not known the door was so brittle.