Options

Anyone mount a TV in very front of berth?

BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
I am going to swap out the tiny excuse for a TV in the little cabinet. I have seen pics of other tvs mounted in that area, but what about against the front "wall" where the speakers/anchor locker is? Seems like such a good place for it, easily mounted on a swing mount so if have to get to locker. That way everyone can see it. And we sleep facing that way, opposite is too crowded. That opens up cabinet for storage, which I find lacking. Wont even bother with a DVD, just load movies on a thumb drive. Pretty easy to run wiring tucked into side shelving. Anyone have any pics? Thanks
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    Please tell me more. Did you install a DC TV??or plug into outlets. Please post pictures
  • Options
    Haven't done it yet......prob not going to use a DC TV, as only time we will want to use it will be in the marina if staying over......or use a small invertor to run it if I get hard up. Seems the good 32in DC ones are over 500, where as can get the same size Samsung etc for 200 on sale, and use a usb for movies.
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I have my 28 TV mounted to the flat part that is beside the stairs coming down, the opposite side would be the wall of the gauge console upstairs.

Its a good spot mounted on a movable arm, you can see it from the front bed, and good from the kitchen table area
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found good TV mounts at Home Depot in the past but today I was at Walmart and they had a whole wall of swivel and articulating mounts, unbelievable....respectful suggestion check the cabinet inside to make sure it can carry the weight of the TV, although the new LED TVs are pretty light....and Rinker does make solid cabinets. Still it would be easier to beef-up a cabinet IF needed than to repair one after! :-)
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shop at Walmart MT?
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I have thought of other places to mount , but in front of the mirror seems best, saves room.
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    I mounted my tv across from the original tv cabinet. I mounted it on the wood partition next to the coffee maker towards the vee berth. Its on a swing out type mount so that I can see the tv from front berth, dining area, and rear bed. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, I love Walmart!