Replacement Speakers

Recently bought a 2007 350 that has the original Clarion 1625 speakers (6.5").  Has anyone found a replacement that will fit the cutout?  It seems like most of the newer speakers require a larger cutout and I'm trying to avoid major modifications.

Best Answer

Answers

  • JameyleeJameylee Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

     Polk Audio DB series or the MM series speakers will work and sound great for the price.   I've installed them on 6 different Rinker boats with no problems.

  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Jameylee said:

     Polk Audio DB series or the MM series speakers will work and sound great for the price.   I've installed them on 6 different Rinker boats with no problems.

    http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000P0PF9G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2OWUK0SXJMPB8&coliid=I1507JQLQXTOU7&psc=1


    Those ones?



    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    Why not take one of the old ones out and google the part number and get the same thing?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Alpine SPS-M600's fit. I replaced my Clarion's with them.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • JameyleeJameylee Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Yes the Polk Audio DB651, Polk Audio MM6501, MM6501um, or MM651um   will all fit.  The Clarion speakers are ok but they seem to fall apart way to easy.
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I've used Polk 6x9's in my last boat and they were a great speaker. This one, I put (4) Infinti's 612M and 2 Infinity 6912M (6x9) on the deck with a 10 inch sub. Great set up. 

    I took on a full rain storm (out of no where) with no top of sides up this past summer for a solid hour and they turned out just fine. Infinity (Harmon/Karden) makes great stuff. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Kicker marine has the replacements - zero mods required. Replaced all 8 of my speakers & sub with Kicker. Sound quality was 300% better.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • gmertzgmertz Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Great suggestions, thanks!  The original 1625's were replaced by the 1622's, which are no longer produced but didn't fit anyway.  I'll try these suggestions.
Sign In or Register to comment.