Options

i need help to finish this tv stuff

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I started another thread. So, to recap,I have a 2005 270, it has the factory Genny' it has shore power. Being an 05, the TV is an 04 and is not digital. So, as others have concluded' new TV in order. I seem to have a little different set up on my antenna so the new thread.

The antenna that came with it, well it did not survive right off the bat. I had other issues to deal with more important but this one is getting to be on the list.

Mine also looks like it came factory with some sort of amp for the radio. The electronic box by the TV that others have described is a little different. First, on the outlets' I have two. One says to tv, the other to pure amp. So, the antenna on the arch is for both the radio and the TV? Also, on that power box, it also has a switch for a/c and d/c...is that the normal set up? Is there a difference in the antennas if it just does the TV vs both?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    That sounds like mine,its set up that way. The ant.does the TV and the radio. That said it probably still works for the radio,because you have the long length of cable.
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    That's the only thing I could figure and I believe it is a different type antenna for both' also, since it has the fancy power hungry amp you have the option of running on a/c or d/c with the switch on that power box?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rasbury are you sure the switched box is not a powered splitter that switched inputs/outputs and has a gain control?  I'll look for pictures of what was on my 2013 EC 310.
  • Options
    @Michael T What I have, and I can take a picture, just beside the TV there is a little black box. It must have come with the antenna, it says Shakspeare on it. At the very base it has wires coming out, one goes to an outlet where it is plugged in and sounds pretty standard as a power supply other have described. It has two outlets coming out of the face of it, one goes to the TV and one goes to the Pre Amp. I assume it is a combination power supply and splitter. It also has a slide type switch for A/C and D/C: I'd assume since the amp eats so much power, it gives you the option on the hook to run off battery or 120V? Don't understand how both could be powered through an outlet but perhaps the 120V powers some other way I don't see, I'm not real keen on electrical stuff...The antenna I'm looking at says it is am/fm and TV if used with a splitter which is sounds like I have. Just trying to get it right the first time!
  • Options
    They may mostly come that way but I don't think, especially 10 years ago they were as "std." that way? I see looking on the website for the antenna, you have to have the splitter for it to work with the radio, otherwise it will work only for the TV. I was mainly trying to confirm that the device I have is a splitter as it appears it is. I guess I just need to get started so I can get to the end and I'm armed an dangerous with what ever info I have collected, thanks to all!
  • Options
    correct.....on the Shakespear web site, they have some fancy looking box they state splits the signal between the radio and TV and then I think does the same thing a cable splitter would do if you have multiple devices.....the box I have is just set up for one TV and for one radio it would appear....I'll get me an antenna and a digital TV and hook it up and see what I have- perhaps will still need to buy a new splitter if the one I have does not for some reason work with the new set up....