Options

filters

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
I want to service my 5ke filters. I did the plugs, replaced the zinc (everyone need to check theirs, I was shocked to find it gone with only 100 hours on it.) I have a sierra fuel water separator so no big deal there. I traced the fuel line to the Genny and there appears to be something else going into it. It has more the shape of a regulator but assume it must be another filter as fuel is not pumped into it and I'm sure has its own fuel pump, correct? Where can you get that filter? The marine max folds said they can order about anything...

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all a number that I have used for good info from Kohler is 1-800-544-2444. There is also a website at KohlerPower.com/marine 

Question: Is your generator the 5EKD? .....If so, regarding fuel it should have.... a fuel filter + a fuel pump/cooler + a fuel pump + a fuel inlet+ a filter screen in that order.

Full Generator Kit - GM77091

Backfire Flame Arrestor - GM24212

Fuel Filter - 267987

Fuse (10 amp) GM42337

Fuse (25 amp voltage regulator) GM42339

use (20 amp CO sensor fuel pump, O2 sensor and coils) GM47427

Fuse (10amp controller)  GM42337

Fuse (10amp auxiliary winding) 358337

Oil Filter 52-050-02-S

Seawater pump Impeller Kit 359978

Seawater Pump Belt GM53040

Spark Plug 25-132-16-S

Zinc Anode 260085

Brushes(2) 239282

Container 344835 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I will have to check into model etc. I don't recall seeing any belts looking your list over quick-I think its just a 5e. Anyway, boat is put up for a bit, will work on some other bugs for now...like the tv.

thanks for the info

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you find your specific model number I bet Kohler will fax or e.mail you the schematic and help with questions. Even if you could find your serial number or take a picture to e.mail them.  I have talked with guys at their HQ and they are a decent bunch. Just don't start the conversation by saying you wish you had bought a Westerbeke LOL. BTW if you do have the 5EKD and can't get any info on it I will try to scan the schematic for you and post it. If that doesn't work I'll photocopy the schematic and parts list from my manual and mail it to you, but I bet Kohler has a manual and parts list on line or will get it to you. Good luck Ras!