Seadek Question - Difference between 2007 and 2008 280 EC?

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hey guys...after seeing all the awesome jobs some of you have done with your recent Seadek installs I just had to have it. I got in contact with Seadek directly and they do have a 2008 280 EC template already on file. I am 99% sure this is the same lay out as my 2007 280 but before I spend $1,450, I would like to try to confirm the lay outs before purchasing lol. 

That being said, does anyone know if there are any sites where they provide this info or would you recommend contacting Rinker directly? Any help would be much appreciated!

Btw..Happy New Year!!!
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would contact Rinker. That has to be an easy question for them to answer. They have a CAD group who should have that information immediately available. The numbers I have are: 1-888-463-3739, 1-574-970-5184 or 1-574-522-8381 Good luck! If you don't seem to be getting anywhere just go up the food chain to Kim Slocum - he's make sure you got an answer!
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Well I emailed Rinker Customer Service and they confirmed that there were no changes made in the decks between 07 and 08. Thank god!

By the way, their CS; great. I emailed about 6 PM on New Years Day and they responded first thing Saturday morning. Couldn't believe it!
    @jme097.....for over 20 years Rinker has been very good to me - hence the 7 Rinkers I have owned, Glad it went well!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I didn't think the hull changed between years. The major change was where the bimini goes under the arch on the '07 and attaches to the arch starting in '08. Other than that, I believe the changes thru the model years were cosmetic.

Glad to hear that Rinker got back to you so fast. I did see that they updated all of their email address on their web page.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Michael T and @Cableguy Greg  I was 99.9% sure there were no significant changes between the two years as I have seen many pictures of both and I couldn't tell a difference. 

Greg - That difference to me is a killer. If I was aware of that before I bought, I would of held out for a 2008. It takes 2 full grown men to get the bimini top up. Its the biggest hassle!
    You could change it when you decide to update your canvas. It would be a few boat bucks, but could be done. It is a long **** top when fully opened.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    If you want to be 100% sure that the seadek will fit, you can ask them to ship you the template they have on file. It cost me $10.  When I tried it there were a few things I didn't like which I changed with a sharpee and sent right back to them.
    DazeOff said:
    If you want to be 100% sure that the seadek will fit, you can ask them to ship you the template they have on file. It cost me $10.  When I tried it there were a few things I didn't like which I changed with a sharpee and sent right back to them.
    Great idea!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    I was just going to ask if it could be changed. Theres days I would love to have the sun shine in, but I have to have an army to roll the top up on my 07, and fight to keep from scratching the sides and the arch. Lol. We put socks on the bottom of the poles when we go to fold it. Terrible design. Only thing I don't like about my 280. 
    If you make it up to Pittsburgh this summer and we meet up, you can see the differences. You would need the channel mounted to the arch, new canvass and a new frame. The frames could be mounted at different locations, but the holes could be fixed. It is nice to be able to fold the back bimini up to the arch. We didn't do it much this past summer due to the new baby, but the previous summer it was folded up half the time because my wife loves the sun.
    Go Steelers!!!
    My 5'1'' girlfriend hates me when I ask for help when putting the top down. It always ends in a fight
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Haha... It's definitely a treat to take down. Congrats, Greg on the new baby. Our little girl just turned 1 in December. She was the reason I used to talk the wife into upgrading to the 280 this past summer. Previously we had a Larson 250 that didn't have heat or air or a gen set.. The 280 had all that and more, lol. We have the TV option in the aft cabin... It's like a little toy room for the little one. We pop the "frozen" DVDs and we're set. Lol. 
    .....God bless the Disney DVDs!
    Haha... It's definitely a treat to take down. Congrats, Greg on the new baby. Our little girl just turned 1 in December. She was the reason I used to talk the wife into upgrading to the 280 this past summer. Previously we had a Larson 250 that didn't have heat or air or a gen set.. The 280 had all that and more, lol. We have the TV option in the aft cabin... It's like a little toy room for the little one. We pop the "frozen" DVDs and we're set. Lol. 
    Thanks!!! She turns 1 next week. We upgraded before we knew that my wife was prego. Found out a month after we took delivery of the boat. I had a 232cc, so it was a nice jump in size for us. No gen set on mine, but I did pick up a Ryobi generator that is as quite as a Honda, for half the price. It runs the air just fine. No aft cabin TV, but I might consider adding one. My wife and I sleep back there and I put my feet in the storage cubby next to the air conditioner. I believe that it where the aft TV is located. Next season should be great! Our little one will get to enjoy the water more. We already have her in swim lessons to get her used to the water even though she can't actually swim.
    Go Steelers!!!
    edited January 2016
    @CG, great idea about the swim lessons. Many parents wait too late out of fear. Don't worry, you'll see one of these days, soon, she'll take off like a duck! It's fantastic to start them early. Then get her on skis/wakeboard, then driving. If they're on the water they're not in someone's basement at X box or in a mall with the dope heads. Boating pays-off in so many ways! My grand daughter started driving my cruisers when she was 5 years old. She'll be 7 this summer and even knows the starting sequence for Axius boats. She told one tech to make sure he started the starboard engine first. He almost cr*pped himself, it was too funny......and on top of that you bought her a Rinker, you ARE a good Dad! .....just watch-out she'll have her eye on a 400 with diesels before you know - (just don't let her read any of handyman's posts) - and get her into a big gasser with 5.2s that should do it. My grand daughter is already telling her friends that Poppa's boat makes a lot of noise getting onto plane. BTW that "getting onto plane" - her words. Boating great, Rinkers even better! LOL  :-)
    Just ordered my Seadek for my 280! Even got the new Rinker logo on the swim platform. Super pumped!
    Just a sample of the color combo I got. 
    Wicked! That will look so awesome!!!!!
    Very nice!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, love the color
    Boat Name : 

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I love that color!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Thanks fellas! I love the color choice as well. I was going to get the dark lines but I thought this looked cleaner. So pumped to get this installed!
    Hey guys. Just a little update. I finally got time and the weather cooperated as well. I got the Seadek laid down. I am happy for the most part with it. There are two pieces that weren't cut right from the factory. But other than that I think it came out alright. Definitely way better than the factory snap in carpeting. 

Looks great!!! Is that the wood cabin floor that you got off ebay, or was that someone else that scored it?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks Great, love the Rinker logo on the swim platform!
    Thanks guys! Yes I had to beg Seadek to put the logo on there. For some reason they only wanted to put the Original "RINKER" logo on there. 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Definitely better than the snap in carpet. Any you can now bring a hose into the boat and washdown everything. Within 30 minutes its bone dry again.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

@MarkB 30 minutes and its dry? That right there makes me happy lol. With that carpeting it was DAYS. And the stains were a disaster. Especially with the bloody mary in the mornings