Options

Anyone change change cockpit sink to hot and cold?

Surprised when I got my 270, that the small cockpit sink is only cold water. Has anyone bothered to change it to hot and cold? Would be simple, to run another hot water line.
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BMXZ - Geez, a great idea. The Admiral noted that fact last summer but I didn't take the hint. I have hot and cold to the transom shower, which is nearby. IMO it would be relatively simple to route hot water to that tap. might need a new tap but no big deal. You may just have earned me a get-out-of-jail card! LOL

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Yours is the same? Never would have thought that ,huh. I was thinking of changing my tap anyway, as it has a few small pits in the finish. My list gets bigger...lol  
  • Options
    ....welcome to the up-grade club!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, post the new faucet model.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a great idea. It would be very easy to run the PEX from the sink to the engine room. Rinker used "Flair-It" RV style fittings on the PEX. I might do that upgrade myself.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I thought about doing that on my boat then decided not to. Real easy to do on my boat. Reason I did not do this is that my sister takes he Grandchildren on the boat all the time. After running the boat the hot water gets really really hot and I was afraid that if they turned it on they would get burned. So IMO I didnt do it because of safety concerns or just being lazy....lol 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    ....good point though Ray! On my 360 a child would have to lift the counter top to get at the tap but once it is up your point is well taken. Guess we'd have to keep an eye on the munchkins! I'll leave the final call up to the Admiral!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    If I do this I'll take pics.....the list is already pretty long! lol
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    It's funny you guys mentioned this.  One Rinker Forum Member (Wet), did this to his 312 many years ago and teases all of us each year at the Rinkervous that he is the only one with a hot/cold sink in his cockpit.  I believe he took his faucet from his galley and moved it up to the cockpit.  He did this and also replaced his sink in the galley with something a bit large too. When I had my 310, I kept telling him I was going to get a bigger sink as well...then I showed up next to him one day with the 400.  Yep, got the bigger sink, a larger boat just happened to come with it!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express