Options

Photos of the EC Salt Shaker

TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
A couple of photos to show how different things are arranged aboard the Salt Shaker.  The first photo shows the fresh water inlets for flushing the engine heat exchangers of salt water after use.  The other ones show how the bimini bars make a handy support for light stuff, using "D" rings.  Also the fish rod holders (3) support the flag pole and sometimes a grill on the lower one.  A great mounting place for the grill because it keeps it outside of the boat and avoids one possible hazard and for sure isolates any mess.

Tony
Salt Shaker 342

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TonyWalker, really imaginative ideas Tony, and a beautiful looking day too!
  • Options
    Yes, perfect day.  Cool temps, but remember that is "Florida type cool temps."  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, tht's today......better get to work so you can make those boat payments! Way to cold for me today....
  • Options
    look at that boat across from you.....wow!
  • Options
    Ras--a story about the boat across or rather, her predecessor.  The predecessor and her owner who was in the roofing business.  He had the time to be able to take her across to the Bahamas which he often did.  In June of 2010, he started out on a return trip from Nassau over to Marathon.  On that trip, he, the boat and everything vanished.   No sign of what happened, nothing floating ever found, no radio calls, nothing.  He was by himself on this particular trip.  Pirates is all we can think of.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never make that trip alone!
  • Options
    A good case could be made for being armed for this crossing.  The Bahamas government does not object to this, but there are few simple rules they want one to follow when one is in their waters.
  • Options

I have been going to various Caribbean Islands for over 25 years, often spending months at a time on various islands. Having talked with local boaters and visiting boaters there is no way I would travel in those waters without at least a semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and a 9 mil. Distance, close range maximum spread and close range hand to hand. These routes are major drug smuggling corridors and extremely dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and just plain foolhardy if you are alone and unarmed. IMO

• Options
    I thought they would go nuts on you if you show up with any guns.....man I wish I could say I have been to various islands there..have not been to the first one yet! We hope to maybe do a group Bimini trip this spring/summer...that's about as lame a trip you can do in the Bahamas I suppose.....I'm sure other islands would just be out of this world. I can only take a weeks vacation at a time so it would be tuff to do much more. Maybe when I retire....if I have any money left!
  • Options
    and I don't doubt pirates are alive and well in the caribbean!
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:

I have been going to various Caribbean Islands for over 25 years, often spending months at a time on various islands. Having talked with local boaters and visiting boaters there is no way I would travel in those waters without at least a semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and a 9 mil. Distance, close range maximum spread and close range hand to hand. These routes are major drug smuggling corridors and extremely dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and just plain foolhardy if you are alone and unarmed. IMO

You're my kind of boater Michael T! Options are good. When I called their consulate 20 years ago for a planned trip they gave me a lot of static about 'why do you need a gun'.
    -Paul
  • Options
    @pault216 Agreed, I earned my boat someone wants it they'll have to take it. Someone wants to harm my family and friends well that's another story all together. Far too many terrible stories over the years that the area governments have covered-up for the sake of tourism. Travel safe in those waters.
  • Options
    Ras,  Handy and I are loosely planning a trip over there.  May happen.  May not happen this year but once it is on the list it is forever on the list.  If you are interested in any schedule that develops would you want to know that?
  • Options
    In the early 60's my dad took his Roamer 36 from Miami from Merrill-Stevens Dry Dock company in Miami where he kept her in the winter time over to the Bahamas and back without fear of anything but the weather.    Days forever gone I am afraid.
  • Options
    @TonyWalker : absolutely as long as a 270 works in the fleet! I constantly watch You tubes, there is a great series of about 6 vids of taking jet skis over- pretty incredible but oh so beautiful scenery and snorkeling.... 
  • Options
    Tony, how many days do we need for that trip?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    You guys are making my envious.  Sounds like a great trip!  If I were planning, I'd definitely want two full weekends on each end of the trip.  Gotta allow for the slow trip thru lake Okeechobee.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I think I catch them on the East coast,,,then it's an hour and a half to Bimini at least....
  • Options
    You could be down the east coast in 3 days Dream. 
  • Options
    what a nice run that would be dream......I feel a convoy! Have been looking for a name for our boat....Bandit! I flush out the smokies while you all run from the pirates.
  • Options
    I will be packing if I make that trip big time.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXonIRPfNJs check this out handy, might need to drag along a jet ski or two!
  • Options
    there was a whole series of like 6 different vids but I can't find it...it was awesome!
  • Options
    Nice. Where are the Nude beaches? LOL
  • Options
    where ever your standing....