Toronto Boat Show

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
Heading to Toronto tomorrow and will be kicking around the boat show on Saturday.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stodge, let us know if you see any Rinkers. There used to be a big Rinker dealer in the Lake St. Clair/Chatam area called Maple City marine. They switched over to four Winns a couple of years ago. We have lost 4 big Rinker dealers in Ontario over the past few years, including the one I bought all of my Rinkers from. The implication was NGG killed the business relationships and the dealers quit.
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I *think* I remember seeing a Rinker display there last year.  I'll make a mental note ( and hope I remember) to look for a Rinker display.  We have a Rinker dealer on this side of Lake St. Clair.  

@Stodge, it doesn't matter to me if it's an American or Canadian dealer, I'm just hungry for ANY news regarding Rinker. It seems to me that since the departure of NGG (Yahoo!!!) that the information pipeline has gone dead - so any news regarding models, colors, options - ANYTHING -  at all would be appreciated!
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Wife and I going up sat. some time.....first one for us! Looking forward to it.
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Just an observation but here in Indianapolis your are lucky to see a boat at the show greater than 26 feet and few Rinkers. I miss the big boats.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's 2 Rinker Dealers there normally. One is Dundas Marine who service my boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I haven't been to the Toronto boat show in years but there used to be a lot of big boats and some very big boats there. In the past I have seen a number of Rinker 342s, 340s, and 350s at the show. Mind you the Toronto boat show is one of the biggest in North America.
    Come to the Detroit Show Pault1216.  It's not as big as the Toronto show but we still see some cruisers, not to mention Rinkers. :)

You'll be able to spot me easily with my BoatUS tote bag.  :)

• pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Stodge. I'll keep that in mind.  -Paul
  • Maryann_GingerMaryann_Ginger Member Posts: 4
    Hey Guys/Gals, Maryann and Ginger here with a Toronto Show update. There are 3 Rinker Boat Dealers that will be at the show with 11 Rinker's on display. --I talked to the Skipper and he said that Kim and Suzie Slocum will be there this Saturday and Sunday.
    It would be worth your while just to meet Kim Slocum. I talked with him about engines and Rinker boat capabilities, years ago, and he was a great guy. Also if you have ever read boat test reports involving him the reviewers love him - a real boating guy!
    Hey Guys/Gals, Maryann and Ginger here with a Toronto Show update. There are 3 Rinker Boat Dealers that will be at the show with 11 Rinker's on display. --I talked to the Skipper and he said that Kim and Suzie Slocum will be there this Saturday and Sunday.
    Sweet, I'll be able to get a brochure and pretend I can afford a new one lol

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be there next Saturday or Sunday. Maybe I'll catch some of you there.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Wow was crazy busy, and some looooong lines to get on the nice stuff. Nice to look at all the different boats , check out different layouts, and sizes. Wasn't impressed at all with the Carver stuff, nor the Regal. Didn't find fit and finish that good for the money. Nicest was Chaparral, Monterey,Rinker and Cruisers in the 25-40 range.......imho . SeaRay 51 was REAL nice obviously(2.2 mil I think?) , but didn't find the 25-40ft stuff anything special. Great time, but next year will go during the week, or splurge on preview day.

@BMXZ thanks for the info. Were there any Rinker cruisers there, like the 260? 290? 310? 340? 360?
    edited January 2016

Yes, had a 260,290, and I think it? was a 340? Sorry looked at so many its hard to remember. Was actually the guys from Bay Marine, where I bought mine, but the name was another marina, so I'm assuming they are owned by them. I don't think they were 16s, unless I'm mistaken. Surprised at how little they have changed compared to mine. Don't mean there is anything wrong with that, just that impressed how well my 2005 compares. SO glad I bought my 270, compares so well to new 26-29 ft boats as far as space and layout. Even the wife mentioned that lol To bad they didn't have new stuff there, no brochures or anything. Hopefully they have a better showing next year. There wasn't many people poking around them.   

Oh, did get the new Ports book, just released....very interesting!
    That ports book goes everywhere on the water with us. I like the photos of harbour entrances showing shoals and the info on availability of fuel docks and transient slips in marinas. We check the route out on that every time we head-out for a trip. It is nice to compare to our paper charts and GPS.
  • redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Looks like we are going to be in Miami in February for part of the Miami Boat Show.  Relaxing for a week in South Beach.  I think we will check it out Thursday and Friday.  I have heard that show is quite large.
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
    @redlightning. I went to it years ago, it was amazing....too much to see in a day!
    I didn't see any Rinkers over a 310.  But I was on a mission to look at center console style boats.  It was a good show.  Ended up getting some semi-boating items (nautical collar for the dog and some Sperrys for me) and a totally non-boating related mini quadcopter.  :)  I was surprised it was no more expensive to eat at the show than in town.  The group of us had a good time at the show.

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Miami show must be crazy! I went to the Stuart one the year before we got our boa and I think we went to the Lauderdale one(might have been Miami)- way to much to see in one day for sure....
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Miami is the best. 
    Hmmmmm, I'll be in Fort Lauderdale during the Miami show.  

skip and a hop!
    but mega yachts....there was a Rinker display at the Stuart one however...
    I'd like to know if Rinker has any new colors or options for 2016. There was discussion that might be happening. If not, no big deal - I'm just happy Rinker is still manufacturing! :-)