Options

Must haves for overnights

Been away from the site for a while due to a lot of training past 6 months but as usual I wanted to see what the experience on here has to say.  We overnight on our 230 frequently at our favorite lake it is a little cramped in the cuddy but being just me and my wife we make do and love not having to pull the boat out and wave by to all our friends while we stay on the water.  I installed a low amp bora fan in the cabin this past season and it makes a world of difference having the continous airflow.  I was curious to know if any of you overnighters have must haves that you couldnt live without.  Mainly accessories, we do have a SS propane grill we use for dinner and breakfast and luckily the small 230 did come with a camper canvas.  Just looking for ideas for this coming season.  
2007 230 ECC 350 Mag MPI Alpha 1

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    The Admiral has aTassimo 55 Coffee maker that makes fancy coffee brews including lattes and cappuchinos that involve milk. Obviously I don't drink coffee but the Admiral and her friends love it. It is small and takes up very little room compared to other fancy brew makers - does need 110v though. If you don't have110v then Honda and Yahama make great small super quiet portable generators. Even ones that will run a small AC unit.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to have the gen and ac
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we have a Tassimo machine as well. Gets used a lot for kids (hit chocolate) and us (for coffee). Even makes hot water for tea.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    We have a Tassimo on board also. Great product which takes no room at all. Over night , we have the Honda genny for our 110v needs.

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryobi also makes a gen that is as quiet as the Honda for $550 at Home Depot. I picked one up last fall for a chilly Steelers boatgate. It ran my AC/Heat with no problems. It also comes with wheels to cart it down the dock rather than carrying the others. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

I made a platform for my gen out of an old tube. Tied it to the side of the boat. Kept CO away, zero vibration, VERY little noise. Ran all night. Worked great.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Paul good idea till the tube losses air.......lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,572 mod
    Memory foam mattress topper - secret weapon for a good night's sleep afloat!
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Never lost air. 3 chambers and a safety lanyard for a 'worst case scenario'.
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭

Booze

Brew

Chug

Cold One

Giggle Juice

Hard Stuff

Hooch

Jack

Juice

Kool Aid

Mouthwash

Refreshment

Sauce

Shine

and a Beer

• Options
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Handy, that’s why I’m a member of this forum am always looking for suggestions
  • Options
    Vienna sausages 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod

Well, having owned a 240 and staying on it for sometimes 10 days at a time, I think the grill and a good cooler were top on my list.  At least those were the two things used the most.  If you have room, a portable ice maker is nice, but again is heavy and takes space (& not needed if you can make runs for ice).  I'd also agree that the day we had a generator, our boating life changed.  Didn't have to go anywhere but anchor the entire weekend. (again, brings up reason for grill & ice).  I'm also at the point where a dinghy is a must.  It allows me to venture out while anchored and anchor at towns and just dinghy in.  A bit tough for a 230 size, but maybe a small blow-up kayak (which I have to say is the easiest thing we have to use and put away).  I've seen a lot of boats your size in my area have big blow up islands for anchoring.  It allows more space to enjoy the water as well.

Oh, and welcome back to the site aviator!  & I can't say it enough, thanks for what you do!  (I stay CONUS, but try to design better 'toys' for you guys out there)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express