Options

Anchor Problems, Please Help!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    15 foot?? mine would be going off all the time.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, I'm sure my Standard Horizons GPS has that feature - will check it out this summer.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should Mark.  It's  fantastic feature. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my anchor alarm all of the time. It has come in handy many times while anchored outside PNC Park when there are a lot of boats around. When a fellow person who owns a boat tries to tell me that I am drifting, I reference my GPS and let them know that it is them and not me. Good times...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Garmin 541 and it has it. Which begs the question, while on the hook, would you then leave your vhs and GPS on at night? Not sure I would hear either below. I do have a weather band type radio below...i need to test the Garmin and see how loud it is.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Two things you can do: Because many anchorages in my area are protected from wind but not current a drift alarm is a must. Islands and gelcoat are not an even match! So, first - until I got my remote cabin alarm wired (using a NMEA 2000 harness) down into my cabin next to the front berth, I bought a cheap baby monitor which I  left beside the cockpit alarm horn with the remote monitor speaker in the cabin. Worked great. So - you could use a baby-type monitor or hard wire a second speaker for your berth area into your alarm system. I chose wiring the second speaker because there could be static from the baby monitor - but at least it kept us off the rocks. BTW I also got sick of the baby jokes from my jack*ss buddies or when one of them would sneak into the cockpit and blast  one of those refillable air horns into the monitor.  LOL.....well, not so much LOL as Whisky Tango Foxtrot.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, well within budget and ability!