Options

Rinker Fiesta Vee 330 Helm seat removale

jasonpoejasonpoe Member Posts: 7
edited February 2016 in Rinker Support Q&A
Hi Guys,
Currently redoing the upholstery on my boat and i am having trouble figuring out how to remove the double helm seat, Is there a secret to removing it from the rails? very hard to get in there with a tool. Any help would be really appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I haven't looked at your specific model but some of them have a screw or nut at the front that stops the seat from sliding out, remove that and the tracks are exposed. Others have a spring loaded lever that will release the seat. It can be a PITA figuring some of these out. A mirror and flashlight or a construction goose neck camera monitor have come in handy for me many times! Good luck, hope a 3330V owner chimes in!
  • Options
    thanks for the response. i will try a mirror tommorrow. ill post photos aswell. Right hand side has the slider adjust and there is a fridge behind the set up im thinking it maybe be mounted and nutted in from under neath. Will try look for those few you mentioned, thanks for the help!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone did this last year and posted about it. They had to supress the lever or something to get the seat to unlock??? Maybe worthwhile to do a topic search.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB yes, I believe that issue before was a "single" captain's chair. It was my advice to depress both levers and it worked. It may be a bit different in this case as I think it is a double-wide helm seat on sliders.
  • Options
    Thats the seat @Michael T. Even if you could release the sliders you wont be able to slide the seat of the rails no room. I will be pulling the fridge out this morning I'm guessing the base of the sliders are bolted through the the inside - only plausible way

• Options

Geez, that's really disappointing.

Yeah, if they're through bolted you should be able to get at the nuts from below to release the whole unit rails and all. On my 360 the seat is over the head liner in the aft cabin, below - can you imagine that process? best of luck.

Once this is over and you have finished beating a garbage can flat with a hammer, in frustration, would you please inform us of the steps - unless your doctor says no - due to high blood pressure concerns!

• Options
    hahah cheers @Michael T I have removed the helm seat. Removed the fridge and the storage unit beside it to gain access. If you know of somebody who is small and long arms you will need them. It took me all up 20min including putting fridge back in. Only due to the long reach to the double 10mm nuts - its a stretch for a 2 hand job with one hand. This is the only simple way that wont lead to broken boat parts. 
    330.jpg 24.3K
  • Options
    @jasonpoe.....Well done! Thanks for the pics and showing "the next guy" what's involved!