Options

Is This Forum Legal?

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it legal to have this much fun without being taxed?

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give the taxman any ideas... I'm already being taxed to death.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    .....sorry! :-(
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    I look forward to reading everyone's problems and the forums responses I watch every day, and feel I even know some of the members.  Gas v diesel, news, anything this good can't be illegal. Keep it going chaps.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, just kidding MT. Tax man can ask for more, you know what he's going to get, he won't like it. LOL.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terry, have you seen any diesel 342s over there? I found another major issue with the throttle cables. They may be interested!
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Handy there are very few 342 s in my area. Rinker boats are rare, I know of 270 Fv's with diesels but Hamble has Sealine & Farline boats sold here over many years, so not many American makes get a look in.  Wales have a broker and I had to travel 345 miles to buy my 270, but I'm glad I did.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinker made a lot with diesels for the European market. It would be nice to find some one with diesels
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I flew to TX from Florida to look at a 270, even paid a surveyor, but did not buy....
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's legal but it's expensive (projects I never knew I needed to do till I read about them here).  And I'm pretty sure it's fattening, because everything good makes you fat. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    It's just a plain addiction!  I can't get away from this site if I had even wanted to!  I drove from MD to OH for my current boat.  After going thru it for a couple hours, sent my offer in.  Seemed like a long time before I finally got to ride in her!  She was sitting on shore all Memorial day weekend cleaning her up, watching everyone else enjoy their boats!  Hadn't even started the engines yet!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @DI, judging from the pictures of your boat your effort was well worth it. Your boat is beautiful.....and yes, this is an addiction for many of us but IMO unlike some other addictions this one extends our life line :-)
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I was in the same "boat" DI.  We had sold our boat in April.  Paid for this one in May, but the broker and seller had issues and we went a week thinking we might not own the boat.  That was after pulling teeth to get her out of inside storage so the engine hatch could be opened and the mechanical inspection done.  But once we got the green light it was full speed ahead.  We splashed only 1 month later than our normal mid-April target.  Felt like mid-season.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX