Options

2016 Miami Boat SHow

Hi everyone. Anyone attending the Miami boat show next weekend. As usual its an amazing show. And this year its at a new location. I wonder how much of a presence Rinker will have.

Comments

• Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Spending the week in south beach starting this Saturday.  Boat show Thursday and Friday.
    Woo Hoo!
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Just attended the Atlantic city boat show.  No representation from Rinker :0(

... And the prices. Yikes. 
  • Options
    JameyleeJameylee Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    There wasn't any Rinker boats or reps at the Atlanta boat show either.  It was kind of odd.  Rinker usually has a few boats there
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the Stewart and laderdale the year before and there were rinker dealers but no factory people.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I will be down there on business, just so happens, and I plan to hit premier day on Thursday...  Can't wait...  Rinker should definitely be there.  It is on there events page, among a bunch of other shows.  I'm curious if they will have any big boats in the 40+ range premiering.  It would be nice to see something bigger than a 360 come out again.
  • Options
    Not to go off topic but man the rinker site could use some marketing attention.  Its so limited in resources, quality photos, and general marketing glam.  In this age they have got to get with it.  Although there is something to be said for being a sleeper quality boat who sinks all their capital into the product, however I doubt that's what they want given all the changes over the recent years...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last show I went to in Miami, Rinker had a limited show. Don't expect too much. Rinker does not make a lot of boats that are used in Florida waters
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression, and I have not scoured their sites by any means, these S Fl shows are super/mega what ever you want to call them yachts from all over the world. Most of them you can't go on unless you have an appointment, and probably a credit check!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to go off topic but man the rinker site could use some marketing attention.  Its so limited in resources, quality photos, and general marketing glam.  In this age they have got to get with it.  Although there is something to be said for being a sleeper quality boat who sinks all their capital into the product, however I doubt that's what they want given all the changes over the recent years...
    I am sure the ownership change has something to do with the website lacking attention. I don't agree with that at all. I would think that they would want to make a big "splash" with Kim Slocum being back. I sent a request for the 2016 brochure and the email I got in return was from Godfrey stating how much I would love the new Rinker pontoon lineup. :p
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Maryann_GingerMaryann_Ginger Member Posts: 4
    I heard that Rinker was going to be at the Miami Show - Booth A145. We are going to cruise in and pay a visit. Then We are planning to spend our time - pool side at South Beach for the duration of our R & R.   
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Enjoy that! Actually you need to eat dinner on the main drag and watch the sites. LOL
  • Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I like them to have some big boats at the show. but with all the rest of the boat manufacturers having created new models especially sport coupe's, rinker is a little behind in that dept. They should truly bring out a new big boat model. Or perhaps convert their 360ec into a coupe version also. have a choice for the consumer. I would spend the money to convert my 360ec into a coupe version, if they have a kit.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    Yeah, the most recent "News" on Rinker's site is a 2-year-old article on how to launch your bowrider.  It has been, what - five months since the acquisition?  And we're entering the heart of new-boat buying season.  
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Nobody takes care of business like the founders of the company.  After that, then what???
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marketing projects take time. Rinker isn't going to do their own marketing. They will hire someone. That mears they have to assemble request for proposals, pick a company and do the concept designs. That wouldn't be Kim's first priority on day 1. Maybe month 2. Takes 1 month to assemble the request for bid. Etc, etc. Don't expect anything for a year.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I am glad I have mine.  It would be a long wait to get what I currently have if I were to order now!  Sometime you just get lucky.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TonyWalker, how true. I couldn't even afford  to buy a new 360 now given the strength of the US dollar! 
  • Options
    Well not much of a showing from Rinker. They had 3 small bow riders in their dealers booth. Kim Slocum was there. I didn't get to speak with him but the owner of the dealer said he thinks they are still working through the acquisition pains hence the limited showing. I was however very impressed with the Regal 42 Sport Coupe. Monterey also had 36 sport coupe which was nice above deck but not nearly enough room down below. The formula 42 was georgious too. I love those Imron paint jobs. 
  • Options
    The regal 42 was my favorite. Such a nice layout. I went on the 56 as well, I believe that was the size, and what a dream boat. Boat show special at 1.2 mill. I spoke with their head captain for a while and what a cool guy. He's delivering a boat to Newport this summer and I hope to grab a beer with him and hopefully a cruise on that 56.  A very cool and overwhelming shoe. Definitely need more than a day. 
  • Options
    I looked at Cruisers and Chaparrals before buying my Rinker 360. No question they were "pretty" but I couldn't stand-up in the cabin of either of them, they didn't have ANYWHERE near the standard equipment of a Rinker,  their base prices were IMO ridiculously high and their prices with the same options  as my 360 were totally insane. Even if I had that kind of money to burn I probably would feel too stupid to be seen in one.  
  • Options
    Agreed on the cost. I was in the cruisers 42 which was nice but a strange layout. The rear cabin had the door instead of the front birth. I think that boat was around 800k. I don't notice ceiling height as I'm only 5' 8". 
  • Options
    Speaking of new "types"  of boats I was in one of the new big Regal coupes. No question it was attractive BUT I felt like I was in a floating living room. You are sitting in an enclosed AC/heated cockpit with a skylight. I thought what is the point of this? I boat for the freedom of the open air blasting through the cockpit and not having to drive "between the ljnes".  There was Nothing about that type of boat that even resembled the type of boating that I like. It would be cheaper and  just like staying at home in my living room.. just my personal opinion.