Options

LAUNCH COUNTDOWN!!

JBam67JBam67 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭

Scheduled my Spring launch yesterday! 54 days left, the countdown has begun!!!!!! Who's ready?

Comments

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I'm the second boat in my marina to be put in the water. Should be in by end of April sooner if the weather is good. Can't wait 
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

ME!!!  Although I haven't even started all my offseason projects, and its dumping snow out right now...  Still shooting for 2nd week of April.

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Oh don't do this to me! This past week when we had a couple days in the 40s/50s was pure heII! My marina won't let us dock until May 1st. I have a feeling spring will be upon us early this year!
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the ramp now, I'm fifth in line to launch,,,,,,,now 4th!
  • Options
    jme097 I noticed your in Algonac. Me as well, we are at the harbor Club winter and summer.
  • Options
    rasbury,  being able to boat year round is my dream!!! Lucky Dog!!!
  • Options
    This is my fav time of the year JB- poking at the northern Rinker brothers! It is also a great time to boat in Fl, usually very calm and not to cold, not to hot.....
  • Options
    rasbury, Don't rub it in. lol I'll be down next week to Fort Lauderdale, Leaving on our cruise for the week, cant wait!
  • Options
    I bet.....have lived in Fl. most of my life, never been on a cruise and hate the theme parks....hope you enjoy your trip, bring a lot of money and spend it (we don't have state income tax and need the revenue). Some of the newer cruise ships almost have me enticed, but, for the money I would rather plan a trip on my boat and go over to Bimini which is some of the first islands in the Bahamas. Heck, people go over on jet skis!
  • Options

That would be so cool to be able to hope in the boat and cruise to the Bahamas for the weekend. I got about 10 years to my full pension then I'm the Keys for life. We have either been cruising or coming to the Keys each year for the past 15 years. We just fell in love with it all!

• Options
    now see, I'm jealous as we have never been to the keys- not that it's that far as we are in the Orlando area but for weekends and even a long weekend, that's a far trip when we have so much else around us. Plus, a little nervous about leaving the safety of nice sandy boating and dealing with reefs, rocks and coral. We have been looking at Key Biscayne state park area as a venture and Bhai Hondi (or what ever it is) down in the keys but sounds like a two week trip to do it right and not a one week- my work does not do 2 weeks off at a time very well so one day....I did go to KW many years ago on my honey moon with my first wife and for sure liked it but never made it out on the water in those days....
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @JBam67 the past 2 seasons I've kept her at Sassy's. I think last year was my last season there. The shore power in my well didn't work all season and I got tired of asking them about it. Just got old having to run 2 shore power cords to the nearest empty well so I could run my AC and charge the batteries at night. 

How do you like harbor club? 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    jme097, we LOVE the Harbor Club! It's a great family friendly marina worth looking into for sure. Sassy is pretty much only good for cheap gas prices, no pool, no restaurant etc. If you happen to go over the Harbor Club They have a referral program that we both can benefit from. let me know
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    well, I usually launch in early March.  But, we also have a cruise booked for 10 days in late March, so I'll hold off and keep the boat clean and covered until April 1st!  I've been starting to go down on weekend and tinker under the cover though :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    84 days and counting down for me.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Ok, where are these marinas?
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    37ish days for me, depending upon weather.  I am going in as early as possible.  @Dream_Inn think we'll get some good March weather? 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    @ jbam67.   The harbour club is our favorite place to visit in the summer.  We are their every summer for about 3-4 days.  Best place we visit.  Kid pool, adult pool, hot tub, restaurant and walking distance to alot of places.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all you northern boaters make sure your insurance will cover if the boat goes in before April. Most assume boat will be in storage before a certain date.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    My storage facility just announced that, because of a staffing issue, they can't launch boats until April 20.  That's 3 weeks longer than I intend to wait.

Apparently, I'll be looking for a hydraulic trailer to launch my boat (and a few others) in late March.  I am not willing to lose a precious 3 weeks of boating!
  • Options
    Where are these marinas being talked about...in the keys or up there?
  • Options
    Patrick, March is one of those months you just look at the 10 day forecast.  When it's completely above freezing, I immediately go for it.  Last year surprised me a bit.  I put her in the second weekend of March.  Well, the following weekend I was sleeping in the boat on a night that got down to 22degrees.  All was fine and the heat kept the cabin very toasty.

• Options
    @06Rinker270 -- on the upper Potomac, 1 April is the safe bet.  I can go a week early if I'm available to intervene in a cold snap.  And sometimes, we get lucky as @Dream_Inn said!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Okay @LaRea and @DI..... If you guys have to wait until April 1st "to get lucky"  that is very sad! ...... and I wouldn't launch a bath tub  on April 1st. LOL
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options

Nice one MT!  In that case, it was last night :)

This will be my first year I can remember that I won't drop the boat in until April. Although, I'm sure with my first boat we owned it wasn't until April cause I needed a warm day to paint the bottom.

• Options
    sixpacksummersixpacksummer Member Posts: 43
    Any good weekend after March 15th the season begins.
  • Options
    @DI, okay,  in that case you're off the hook..... notice that we haven't heard from@LaRea yet...... LOL
  • Options
    April 1 is a lucky day for me.  Also April 2-30, and May through March.
  • Options
    Friggin 38 degrees here in Cent. Fl., guess I better winterize!
  • Options
    Hey Ras  it's 85 and sunny here today!