Options

Fiesta Vee 310 12v blender

BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
1. Has anyone had any issue with the blender performance.  Making frozen drinks.  
2. Also, the horn works on and off,  you can hear it engaging but no sound.  Is it fixable or needs to be replaced.  
3. The starboard battery gauge does not work but the portside does.  Do you think it may be a contact issue or needs to be replaced.
Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod

Hey Bay!  Let's see...

first one, well, there are lots of opinions on that.  I've never had the best of luck with the 12V blender.  It ends up giving chopped ice.  I've always had a small inverter and used a magic bullet (unless it's a big bash, then I run the genny for the vita mix!).  I actually fit both the inverter and blender in the hole that the blender was in.

Horn, well, I believe it's the same as what was on my '02 310.  The small little squeaker.  I don't believe there is much to fix there, but I may be wrong.  I know the subject has come up here a bunch.  If it's the longer horn mounted up towards the windshield, you can tear them apart and clean the contacts.

Battery gauge, I'd check the wiring at the gauge first to make sure is has correct voltage.  You could always switch with portside to double check (either wires or gauge).

So, Seneca Creek?  Not sure I've heard of that.  Looks like its waaayyyy up the Potomac?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks DI, Senaca Creek in near the Gunpoweder by those BG towers, red and white. If you ever get up to Hart Miller Island let me know.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My blender has never been used. 
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    My blender is still a virgin as well.
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    On the horns, Salt Shaker now has a nice set of air horns on the arch.  They get her a lot of respect!  LOL
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I use my blender all the time. Not the strongest but it gets the job done.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on cleaning my trumpet horn and replaced it. I replaced it with the deluxe all stainless Ongaro horn.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bayrunner,  respectfully suggest that you make sure your horn is pointed down (I'm waiting for the jokes to start)...... seriously -  to keep the water out. Never had a problem with a blender on my Rinkers and they get used a LOT! 
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    welcome Bayrunner!  we keep our 310 on Back River and spend lots of time bw hartmiller and the middle river area, across to fairlee, etc.  The 310 works well on the bay for overnighting and just hanging out.  Hopefully see you around out there.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    @summerx & @bayrunner , you both need to keep an eye out for Chesapeake Rinkervous this year!  I still hadn't finalized the date yet, but it should be July 16th weekend at Still Pond.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @summerx and @Bayrunner what marina's are you guys at?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    This is great and I look forward to meeting up with everyone.  Let the SUMMER begin.
  • Options
    MT the horn didn't work well when I bought the boat. I'll pull it off and try cleaning it.  Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    06Rinker I keep my boat at Porters Seneca Creek marina.
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Bayrunner, looks like a nice marina.  Might have to check it out.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bayrunner,  we had a big discussion on horn failures a while back.  One big failure culprit was corroded wiring and even worse was corroded and/or loose wiring connections. Also some guys did what you are going to do and cleaned and lubed them and all was well! Good luck! 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Bayrunner looks like a real nice Marina. Could not help to see 2 little kids on the docks without life jackets. That is a must at my Club till the age of 13.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I also replaced my piccolo of a horn with a real horn. I negotiated the swap out when I bought the boat.  Not sure why rinker puts such sissy horns on their boats. 
  • Options
    My blender gets a decent workout. It's definitely not as high rpms as a quality typical bar blender but it gets the job done. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all the feedback.  raybo3-it's my first year there and I'm not sure of all the rules but will get the soon.  I do agree with you but I do think parents need to have even more common sense when it comes to their kids safety.  Good catch. 
  • Options
    we keep our boat on a lift at west shore yachting center.  we love it there.  great owners and other folks.  pool, cabana with a grill and big screen TV.  firepit which gets used many weekend nights and there isn't a no wake zone.  being at the far end of the river, with only one marina past us, we don't get much boat traffic heading up that way.  we like it there after 2 yrs.
  • Options
    Summerx checked out your marina and it's really nice and cost is way less then I'm paying. I'll have to check it out as soon as we get the boat in. What does it cost for pulling your boat out and Shrink wrapping.
  • Options
    I own the lift at the marina, so this year I left it on the lift and had it shrink wrapped on it.  had a problem getting it winterized and completed due to really lousy situation with a mechanic who didn't show up as he promised/said he would. 
    but shrink wrap was $525 and I could have pulled it and stored it on land for the winter for about $1200 at some local marinas.  mine didn't do land storage this winter as they were doing to have construction taking place in the yard.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a what brand or type of dinghy and motor to buy that holds up to 4 persons. budget under 2k.
  • Options
    You may want to start a new thread. I went with a 10' bombardier and a tohatsu 3.5. It was under 2k. It works well but is slow. I may move to a ribbed setup with an 8hp at some point.