Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Davits

My davits and motor mount came in today. I want to share this incase anyone has a similar need as me as I have seen little info on this type setup.

I have the small 3 person west marine dinghy with wood slat floor and a Mercury 3.5HP 4stroke with integrated fuel tank. I purchased the dinghy/motor used so I have very little money tied up in them. I wanted a davit system where I could have full use of my swim platform while the dinghy is stowed and I also wanted to be able to leave the motor mounted on the dinghy. Well most of the systems I found were expensive and/or didn't meet my needs of full use of swim platform. I couldn't see spending way more on a davit system then I spent on my dinghy.

What I finally ended up with are the quick release hauler davits (model 6100) and a swivel motor mount (model 3000) from a Canadian company.

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD

Comments

• ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Mayo, MDPosts: 98Member ✭✭
    I will follow up in spring

• Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 6,938Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the pieces that weld on the dinghy?
  • ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Mayo, MDPosts: 98Member ✭✭
    Not sure what you mean. They are cradle type davits that tilt down to the water. The swivel motor mount just bolts to the dinghy's transom then mount your outboard on the swivel mount. I did get standoffs not pictured

• Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 6,938Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh different type